Common problem, yet to find the answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
    above the lower wishbones there are round rubber bumpers bolted to brackets on the chassis that stop the wishbone moving to far up.

Found them.

They are fine.

Now i know. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Matt.n.p View Post
      Is there any way to confirm this?

Had it jacked up under the chasis (with the suspension free) gave it a good shake, push pull wobble and everything seemed solid.

Only thing i found was a little play backward and forward (along the same axis as drive shafts) in the front drive shafts. But i thought this to be normal.
      Jack under the lower control arm of the front wheel, as close to the ball joint as you can get it and lift the truck until the wheel clears the ground.
      Make sure there is no compression in the suspension when you check the ball joint, let the strut extend as far out as it will go.
      Look for grease an indication that the boot may be split, if it is grit may have got in to the joint and damaged it.
      Move the joint around there should be little if any play.
      Brian

Comment

Not just me then! I was trying to figure out what the hell was making the noise I could hear coming from underneath the truck when moving. Took about 3 days to realise it was the spare tyre chain! I'd taken the spare off to replace a flat. Doh!!
        It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Working...
        X