bizzare shennanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, done.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks mate appreciated
      UBIQUE

Comment

It turned up today Tony looks a lot better than the 1 I have on. Most appreciated for sending it mate.
        UBIQUE

Comment

No problem, hope it helps.

Comment

seems to have done the trick its now holding pressure just in the process of burping the system but its now not overfilling the expansion bottle, theres no gurgling or sucking air sounds and no wet patches so fingers crossed, heaters are scorchio again but go luke warm at tick over still hence burping it.
            UBIQUE

Comment

grrrrrrr i wana my ###### lux ill have to hold me hands up, HEAD GASKET KAPUT CYLINDER HEAD KAPUT succesfuly found my prob after taking head off today head gasket shot on cylinder 2 blowing oil and water out but only noticed the wet patch on the floor after it stood still for a couple of days grrrrrrrrrrrrr then thought that was my prob sorted oh hell no cleaned up cylinder head and found a hairline crack on cylinder 2 between the valves it was proper hidden under the carbon but after wet n drying it down there it was grrrrrrrrrrrrrr so just need a new head now well all i can say is once done there is nothing left to fix and should last another 20 years oh and a 25 year mortgage for the rebuild that its had.
              UBIQUE

Comment

Originally posted by sabreuk View Post
                grrrrrrr i wana my ###### lux ill have to hold me hands up, HEAD GASKET KAPUT CYLINDER HEAD KAPUT succesfuly found my prob after taking head off today head gasket shot on cylinder 2 blowing oil and water out but only noticed the wet patch on the floor after it stood still for a couple of days grrrrrrrrrrrrr then thought that was my prob sorted oh hell no cleaned up cylinder head and found a hairline crack on cylinder 2 between the valves it was proper hidden under the carbon but after wet n drying it down there it was grrrrrrrrrrrrrr so just need a new head now well all i can say is once done there is nothing left to fix and should last another 20 years oh and a 25 year mortgage for the rebuild that its had.
                But when its done, its done. Consider puting an extra trans cooler in line as well, to protect that investment.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

could do mate spose its a good idea considering just about every single mechanical part has been replaced now
                  UBIQUE

Comment

Being a complete arse I feel obliged to refer you to the SECOND post in this ten page thread ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

• LOL @ bob, everyone always denies it, we always say it is at the start, months later they finally admit it.

Its a 2.4, the heads are always cracked.

Sucks though, but fix it properly and you'll have a keeper. They are great 4x4's once the head issue is fixed.

Comment

• the only reason i didnt think it was head was beacuse we did all the tests on it which is why its taken till now to find, the crack is super fine hairline thing though once ya know its there its obvious but easily missed. oh well just sourcing a new head for it now got the gasket kit complete with gen toyota h/gasket and head bolts arriving hopefully today. ill try get a pick of the crack for ya all to have look at as it was a tuffy to find.
                        UBIQUE

Comment

• Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Being a complete arse I feel obliged to refer you to the SECOND post in this ten page thread ...

Only 4 pages for me as mine is set to 30 posts per page
                          Brian

Comment

• Plus out of all the pages there's only a couple that's relevant to the thread as usual lol. Anyways just got myself a new head complete so that should be here early next week so massive clean up operation in full effect and making everything shiny again instead of minging oil everywhere.
                            UBIQUE

Comment

• Originally posted by sabreuk View Post
                              Plus out of all the pages there's only a couple that's relevant to the thread as usual lol. Anyways just got myself a new head complete so that should be here early next week so massive clean up operation in full effect and making everything shiny again instead of minging oil everywhere.
                              Where did you get the head from? We've not had that argument for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                                Where did you get the head from? We've not had that argument for a while.
                                STFU!

Comment

Working...
                                X