Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

No supposed about it !

You wouldn't get a hundred yards without being flashed by every other driver and you'd get pulled by the first copper that saw you ...

They really are very efficient aren't they?
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Dunno if efficient's the right word but back in the '70's if a copper saw you jay walking it'd cost you 20 marks there and then (Around £5). Hang out washing on a Sunday and you'd get a visit too ...

However speeding in a non dangerous manner would only result in an on the spot fine and no record which is a damned sight more pragmatic than our guys !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

And I don't know if it still stands...but in the Westphalia Rheinland, it was illegal to mow your lawn on a Sunday!
        Btw Sussex police are giving out on the spot £60 for...snow on your roof.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          And I don't know if it still stands...but in the Westphalia Rheinland, it was illegal to mow your lawn on a Sunday!
          Btw Sussex police are giving out on the spot £60 for...snow on your roof.
          xmas party fund.
          Alan

Comment

well it dont hurt to brush the snow off
            i have seen some sites driving aroung like most of us have
            its not hard to brush the roof off is it
            unless your a hair dresser thats scared of scratches
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

We lived just outside of Bonn for 10 years & had 4 warning letters from the local Amt (town hall, admin kind of offices) during that period for:
              1) washing the car on a Sunday - ok talk of car washing here is sinful, fair cop
              2) cutting the grass between the hours of 12:00 -15:00 on a weekday
              3) cutting the grass on a Sunday
              4) lighting a bonfire (anytime) - in our case, a load of cardboard flatpack boxes, a quick blaze with hardly any smoke.
              It was also against local bylaws to hang out the washing on Sunday, though we never got a warning letter for doing that.
              We must have had a neighbour who had nothing better to do than report us to the local gestapo - never found out who.

Comment

I saw a young lady using a shovel to remove the snow from her 1 year old Toyota Aygo yesterday morning.

I suppose a few hundred for paint repairs is better than a £60 fine.
                Alan

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11908583
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    I saw a young lady using a shovel to remove the snow from her 1 year old Toyota Aygo yesterday morning.

I suppose a few hundred for paint repairs is better than a £60 fine.
                    Exactly... Sort of a facepalm moment
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Pound coins for eyes!!!!!

No wonder it got stolen.

(now everyone is clicking that link to see what the hell I'm on about)
                      Alan

Comment

Hi guys,

Spotted this tonight in the YEP.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...out.6649254.jp

Gman.
                        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

It should be made a fixed penalty offence and included in the highway code IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            It should be made a fixed penalty offence and included in the highway code IMHO.

Agree to an extent, where it's obvious that no attempt has been made to clear the worst of the snow then yeh, hit em with a fine.
                            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                              Agree to an extent, where it's obvious that no attempt has been made to clear the worst of the snow then yeh, hit em with a fine.

Typical example of the type of person that needs to be fined is pictured in the link above.

Comment

Yup, just feckin lazy.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X