• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest on the snow police

has for has i have heard
    i have not checked it out to see if its true
    i did get told
    the police finding anyone with snow on there roof of there car is going to get 60 quid fine and 3 pionts

fekin mad if you ask me hows a van driver going to sort that or a bus and lorrys?
    anyone heard anything ?
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
    has for has i have heard
    i did get told
    the police finding anyone with snow on there roof of there car is going to get 60 quid fine and 3 pionts

fekin mad if you ask me hows a van driver going to sort that or a bus and lorrys?
    anyone heard anything ?
    It's probably because they know fine well they're not going to make any money off the speed cameras at the moment besides they need money for their xmas party

Comment

i heard this but thought it was just a p1ss take? not true?
      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Its true, and its probably fair, what happens when the car warms up and you gently brake? An avalanche over the screen, thats what. People scooting around with snow piled up on their roofs are amost as bad as the ones who only clear a small patch of snow from the bit of the windscreen directly in front of them.

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Common sense really and people need to clear the snow as long as plod use it too was a photo last year of an old bloke with a tiny square he could see out of driving down the road really he couldn’t has seen anything and was using the force to guide him along

Comment

Originally posted by rbaz View Post
            Common sense really and people need to clear the snow as long as plod use it too was a photo last year of an old bloke with a tiny square he could see out of driving down the road really he couldn’t has seen anything and was using the force to guide him along

Thats common practice around here.

I can only assume that they want to leave as much snow on their cars to show everyone in the same village how deep it is!

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
              has for has i have heard
              i did get told

anyone heard anything ?
              cant believe that to be honest,as if they dont have us motorists by the balls in enough ways,thats daft.they could do the decent thing and just pull the car over and ask the driver to move it if they that arsed.shocking

Comment

Spoke to a Glasgow PF this morning, Quote "Would love to see what law they tried to use to enforce that"

However, as Bogus says if it slides and blocks the screen, you can be charged for dangerous driving. It is however daft an lazy to not clear the roof.
                Brian

Comment

Cant see it myself! how have they defined the height limit of the snow ? 5mm or 8 inches?

If your driving with only a tiny section of the windscreen clear you can be done for dangerous / reckless driving etc.

I have never heard of any test case for someone being done for snow on the vehicle roof.

Again common sense would dictate if there is excess snow on roof, then clear it!
                  If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                    Again common sense would dictate if there is excess snow on roof, then clear it!

Something thats not been taught in schools for the past twenty years!

Comment

Have always done it as a matter or course, and last year saw someone brake for traffic lights, and then have to get out and clear their screen much to my amusement
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Something thats not been taught in schools for the past twenty years!
                        Only twenty Vince !!! at least the last thirty in my estimation .....

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Have always done it as a matter or course,
                        Me too Andy

Jess
                        "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 2 December 2010, 20:39.
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

what about the parents teaching there kids common sense!
                          If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                            what about the parents teaching there kids common sense!
                            They have to have it in order to teach it.
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

would think only way you would get done is if the snow caused a accident ?? done for drivin without duecare ect......

Comment

Working...
                              X