No announcement yet.

latest on the snow police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would hope they'd get pulled and warned rather than immediately 'done'.

Having said that, I would also hope its not my wife and kids coming the other way when his vision is obscured by a sudden snow slide and he wanders into the oncoming traffic.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Haha, I love it when it all slides forward.

If you can get up enough speed, sometimes you can get it to all fly off the back as well.

I'm always late for wherever I'm going, so I just clear the 'slit' to see through.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        I'm always late for wherever I'm going, so I just clear the 'slit' to see through.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Cop on Radio Scotland today said that it was rubbish and the police would not be charging anyone for not clearing their roofs although it was recommended not to drive around with a 2' snow drift on the roof.

I've been clearing mine, get low enough MPG without carrying any more mass changing the aerodynamics to something even more double decker bus like.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
            the ones who only clear a small patch of snow from the bit of the windscreen directly in front of them.

Bogus
            Seen this plenty today. Wound me up as well, how can that be safe with a keyhole for a front windscreen and the rest including lights, rear lights and indicators (which are never used anyway) covered in snow.

90% of the people in England should just not go out at all in this weather. My mum has asked me twice to clear her car out of the snow. I've refused on safety grounds.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              Seen this plenty today. Wound me up as well,
              Don't worry, 5 mins and the screen heater will clear it.

The shock of loads of 'near misses' with parked cars helps wake you up as well.
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                Cop on Radio Scotland today said that it was rubbish and the police would not be charging anyone for not clearing their roofs although it was recommended not to drive around with a 2' snow drift on the roof.

I've been clearing mine, get low enough MPG without carrying any more mass changing the aerodynamics to something even more double decker bus like.

Cheers

Ben
                Tried to tell them in post 8, no one listening.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  Seen this plenty today. Wound me up as well, how can that be safe with a keyhole for a front windscreen and the rest including lights, rear lights and indicators (which are never used anyway) covered in snow.

90% of the people in England should just not go out at all in this weather. My mum has asked me twice to clear her car out of the snow. I've refused on safety grounds.

Damn right, you might slip!

Comment

I share a drive and after coming to work this afternoon the wife heard the old guy, 89 from next door revving the balls off his Rover 200 stuck in the drive. I have been going in and out no bother in the Surf. I had cleared his car yesterday and checked if he needed anything and he said no. More snow overnight and this morning had covered his again. When the wife asked him where he was going he said he had to post some letters. We live at the top of a cul-de-sac that hadn't been cleared, my wife and daughter haven't been to work for 2 days in their car and the road is only half as wide in places due to holes dug due to power cuts. She and a neighbour, 80, dug him out and back up the drive. She walked the mile to the Post Office for him. I think they get cabinbound and have to go out.

Comment

Clear as much as possible always.

Many years ago when we used to get winters regularly, I got clobbered by roof snow when on the motorbike. I didn't crash, but it shaw as hell hurt.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Damn right, you might slip!

I've just cleared it now. Took probably around 40 mins. The bottom 2" of snow is now ice and the top 6" came off reasonably easy. The heat from the car running helped.

Next problem is the mounds of snow around the car. I've threw some grit down to help it. Apparently there is rain next which will then freeze to ice.

Not looking forward to that - thats 10x worse than snow. No sign of road gritters yet.

Someone that came to visit yesterday said the council gritted their road the other afternoon, then an hour or so later the council road sweeper came and swept it all up.
                        Nice one.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-sider View Post
                          I share a drive and after coming to work this afternoon the wife heard the old guy, 89 from next door revving the balls off his Rover 200 stuck in the drive. I have been going in and out no bother in the Surf. I had cleared his car yesterday and checked if he needed anything and he said no. More snow overnight and this morning had covered his again. When the wife asked him where he was going he said he had to post some letters. We live at the top of a cul-de-sac that hadn't been cleared, my wife and daughter haven't been to work for 2 days in their car and the road is only half as wide in places due to holes dug due to power cuts. She and a neighbour, 80, dug him out and back up the drive. She walked the mile to the Post Office for him. I think they get cabinbound and have to go out.
                          Nice work.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I think at 89, you may fear someone is going to find you dead in your armchair or at the bottom of the stairs in the bleak midwinter, so better to be active. I guess the human contact keeps them going.
                            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Tht roof-snow thing came up in conversation here this morning. I'm not sure if it's true, but it's supposed to be illegal to drive with snow on your roof in Germany.

Comment

No supposed about it !

You wouldn't get a hundred yards without being flashed by every other driver and you'd get pulled by the first copper that saw you ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                                X