No announcement yet.

Surf gone......but not forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should change the law so you have to carry warning triangles for situations like this.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      I will buy the full thing
      OOOps sorry Brian forgot ya got a project under way

[/QUOTE]Wishbone They should change the law so you have to carry warning triangles for situations like this[/QUOTE]

Maybe more a common sense thing nowadays to carry Fisrt Aid, Tow rope, Fire extinquisher, Triangle, bulbs, .... oh sorry I got a Truck not a chav charriot !!!!

Jess
      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
      Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 16 August 2010, 06:29.
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

We have always carried a warning triangle, visibilty vests and torch in the truck, but have never had to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
          We have always carried a warning triangle, visibilty vests and torch in the truck, but have never had to use it.
          aah yes high Viz n a torch too ....Boy Scouts always come prepared

Jess
          "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
            Me too.

and 1st aid kit
            Hi-lift
            Fire extinguisher
            Food
            Water
            etc.
            etc.
            etc.

Had to use the triangle and vests a couple of times now after finding numpties having thrown their new sports cars at lamposts etc.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              I would buy it back and even if you then sold the complete truck as it is you should get money back as a breaker
              As long as theres nothing structual damaged then you should be able to repair it cheap enough
              Yeah, might buy it back. Guy wants the engine for £400 and I think I could get £300 for the brand new tyres and alloys

Comment

I will give you 500 for it save you breaking it.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  yeah, thats kinda what I ment, speed isn't really the point, if you can't see round the corner, you're relying on luck that nothing is stopped in the road if you're going at any speed.
                  Thanks Tony, I'll try and remember this when I'm driving around these sort of places. I hadn't really thought like this.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                    I will give you 500 for it save you breaking it.
                    It's already broken!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonniebanks View Post
                      Yeah, might buy it back. Guy wants the engine for £400 and I think I could get £300 for the brand new tyres and alloys
                      You should be able to get £500 for the complete engine especially for the 3.0l.Buy it back and break it and get some extra cash for a new truck
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

friend driving an older fiat panda coming round a corner and friends door open and as he tried stupidly might i add to shut the door he went across the road and hit a transit wrote the panda off and i must admit i was sceptical as to it being repairable as it had taken the left inner/outer wing chassis leg track control arm slam panel headlights bumper and a few other bits it took him a couple of weeks but he had it repaired at the local college in the motor vehicle dept and after lining it up on the jig the chassis was pretty bent on the n/s but after it was put right and sprayed up it looks like new well nearly all the lines are perfect and the car was only worth pennies but it was his first car and he wanted it back on the road so he got it fixed and had it re-tested just to be sure and the car was fine so i wouldn't be too worried with the truck as long as the chassis is fine and straight the panel damage is an easy fix IMHO
                        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X