Surf gone......but not forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf gone......but not forgotten

came round a blind bend between Priestland and Drumclog on Friday (yes the 13th)

Straight into the back of a stationary corsa.

It turned out a couple of pikies decided to change a tyre on a bend, the corsa came round the bend and was able to stop, I couldnt

By the time I got out the car, checked the passengers, phoned the police etc the pikies had f**ked off :roll:

Police said they know it isnt my fault as I wasn't the reason for the accident, but in terms of insurance I am at fault

So anyway if it isn't a structural write off, as its sure to be a cosmetic one, should I buy it back and repair it? I think about £300 for the bits. It needs

Bonnet
    Left side wing
    Left side indicator
    Left headlight and side light
    grill
    Bumper

ooh nasty. (but yup, your fault, had this 'discussion' with someone who came round a blind corner and nearly plowed into me and horse last week, speed limit is irrelevant, if you can't stop you're going to fast. )

Biggest issue will be the front panel and inner wing, everything else is bolt on. Hopefully you can pull them back to shape enough to fix everything back on.

Make sure the front chassis rails are straight, they'll be the hardest thing to straighten, the rest isn't so bad, especially if you can weld and cut things.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

There are plenty of spares for this out there, best place to start is Stormforce, but he is at the other end of the country!

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        ooh nasty. (but yup, your fault, had this 'discussion' with someone who came round a blind corner and nearly plowed into me and horse last week, speed limit is irrelevant, if you can't stop you're going to fast. )

Biggest issue will be the front panel and inner wing, everything else is bolt on. Hopefully you can pull them back to shape enough to fix everything back on.

Make sure the front chassis rails are straight, they'll be the hardest thing to straighten, the rest isn't so bad, especially if you can weld and cut things.
        Its a national speed limit road .A71 I reckon I was doin 50mph. Brand new tyres only on a week and a dry road. I didnt hit head on, more skifed the side, would have been a lot worse on a wet road with the old tyres

I canne weld and cut lol. I thought if I could get the bits then I have mates who do this type of thing

Comment

yeah, thats kinda what I ment, speed isn't really the point, if you can't see round the corner, you're relying on luck that nothing is stopped in the road if you're going at any speed.

Anyway, enough of that, whats done is done, back to business...

find a stout tree and with a tow strap and reverse gear you can gentley pull a lot of stuff back to where it should be. Panels behind the grill and inner wing don't need to look pretty, just need to get mounting points for grill and wing in roughly the right places.

Comment

Good to hear there's no injuries - I presume the Corsa's totally fawked ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Seems to be a weekend for it, boy racer accross the road hit the son n laws ranger while it was parked outside mine, dented the tube bumper, his mum at least had the decency to tell him and she dont want to go through insurance so it's gonna cost her well over 200 quid for a new bumper, he couldn't have hit a worst bloke!! tight as a gnat's arse, i'd have prob let it go as it wasn't major, but you can bet ya life dave will get a new bumper out of it and then sell the oldun on ebay,
              with TonyN here no excusees drive to the condictions, pity but $hit happens
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Good to hear there's no injuries - I presume the Corsa's totally fawked ?

Its actually not too bad. I didnt hit it head on. The was an HGV passing in the other direction so I aimed at the bit of road in the middle. I kinda hit it at an angle and I reckon I was only doing about 20mph at time of impact

Comment

I would buy it back and even if you then sold the complete truck as it is you should get money back as a breaker
                  As long as theres nothing structual damaged then you should be able to repair it cheap enough
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Bonniebanks View Post
                    The was an HGV passing in the other direction so I aimed at the bit of road in the middle.
                    eek! lol brown trouser moment!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      I would buy it back and even if you then sold the complete truck as it is you should get money back as a breaker
                      As long as theres nothing structual damaged then you should be able to repair it cheap enough
                      I've had offers for it as scrap, people needing quite a few bits and pieces

Comment

There's money to be made out of the truck especially as its a 3.0.
                        The ecu alone is £100 plus
                        The head is £200
                        so theres the £300 back that it cost to buy back from the insurers.
                        Alternator is worth £60 as with the starter motor
                        then the window motors £35
                        Rear bumper if in very good condition is worth £100 complete 3 sections
                        towbar £60
                        Fuel pump is another £100
                        Theres over £400 in your pocket just on the items i mentioned and thats after buying it back.
                        If you got the room then break it yourself and then get the rest weighed in at the scr appy for another £100
                        The complete engine alone is worth £450 to £500
                        All these prices are plus p&p
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hey Gordy sorry to hear bout ya Truck mate, talk to Yoshie (Brian) or Kerrsurf (Alan) "SMC" I'm sure Alan made similar repairs to his Truck a few years ago ..
                          Your atleast in the Vicinity n there a helpful bunch of Guys ..
                          Good Luck

Jess
                          "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
                            There are plenty of spares for this out there, best place to start is Stormforce, but he is at the other end of the country!

Cheers, Nick
                            He may be at the other end of the country but that doesn't stop Royal mail/Parcelforce....he sends stuff all the way to Italy for us...
                            Hard heads make soft ar@es!!!

Comment

I will buy the full thing
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X