No announcement yet.

Insurance advice please... :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky....£271, fully comp, protected NCB. Wife as second driver and all mods covered. Not a bad price

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle View Post
      Just got my renewal notice from Flux this morning, not a happy man 58 years old no claims for over 20 years held full licence for 41 years, no points, wife as named driver no claims or points, held licence for 32 years , vehicle kept on driveway at night and they want £309 fully comp last year it was only about £260! Think I'll be shopping around a bit.

Spoggle

Did they send a pdf document?

Read it carefully, there's a few items they add on there that you don't really need.
      They wanted over £400 quid for my missus to insure the 3rd gen, (2001 model) but without the unnecessary gumph, it reduced to £340.

Comment

It appears (I had to insure the mondeo in January) that all the insurance companies are claiming they're lossing money due to their investments not paying out due to the recession, and people crashing because of snow, and the planets aren't alligning properly.

As such we are all being asked to contribute more this year to keep them feed and watered.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Did they send a pdf document?

Read it carefully, there's a few items they add on there that you don't really need.
          They wanted over £400 quid for my missus to insure the 3rd gen, (2001 model) but without the unnecessary gumph, it reduced to £340.
          They sent me a nice list of add on's that I could have :- personal accident cover at £15, keycare cover at £14, Flux Rescue at £52, Courtesy car at 25, Mis-fuel cover at £18. The cover offered by Sky is with Chaucer, the same as Adrian Flux but costs £38 less I've been with A.F since I bought the Surf six or is it seven years ago and have to say that each year the premium had come down a little, till this year that is.

Spoggle

Comment

They sent me a nice list of add on's that I could have :- personal accident cover at £15, keycare cover at £14, Flux Rescue at £52, Courtesy car at 25, Mis-fuel cover at £18. The cover offered by Sky is with Chaucer, the same as Adrian Flux but costs £38 less I've been with A.F since I bought the Surf six or is it seven years ago and have to say that each year the premium had come down a little, till this year that is.

Spoggle

Blimey, whats going on then, new company jet to pay for I guess.

As a forum sponsor, you'd think they'd check in now and again to check on feedback.

My V8 insurance with AF went down £45 the second year, I'll let you know what they want come the end of May.

Comment

Ah, thats it! Never gave the new jet a thought

Spoggle

Comment

Adrian Flux £303.25 fully comp and business use, £250 excess. Didn't want any of the added extra's..
                Will Phone Sky tomorrow, to see if they can better that... Would be nice to get in below £300, pehaps I should tell them AF quoted me £280...
                Sarah xx

Comment

Originally posted by Surfinalltheway View Post
                  The only trouble with that one, is most supermarkets have cctv on thier carparks.... Might have to find another place to go, where cctv is not, if that situation ever arose...
                  Supermarkets are not worried about your car in car park lol its the stock inside.

Comment

Nice young man from Sky phoned this morning to ask if my quote had arrived in the post, said if I would like to sign up today he could do it for £250.

Spoggle

Comment

Nice young man from Sky phoned this morning to ask if my quote had arrived in the post, said if I would like to sign up today he could do it for £250.

Spoggle

They sound a bit desperate.
                      Wonder how co-operative they'll be come claim time.

Comment

Ok... AJ Insurance... £615!!! Nowell&Richards £480ish NFU Mutual £466.90 Insurance Choice £475 Sky Insurance £460

So I guess it's Adrian Flux then...
                        Sarah xx

Comment

Originally posted by Surfinalltheway View Post
                          Ok... AJ Insurance... £615!!! Nowell&Richards £480ish NFU Mutual £466.90 Insurance Choice £475 Sky Insurance £460

So I guess it's Adrian Flux then...
                          Still not tried Direct Line?

http://www.directline.com/

0845 246 8701

Comment

go back to swinton ask for the import team , or norwich union,even direct line done mine cheap,stay away from the adrian flux mongers on here, they just see another import coming their way and sting u thats if they bother ringing you back, good luck mate and dont let them bully u cos its an import

Comment

Mine is through Aviva. £278 fully comp for my wife and I (both in 30's with full no claims protected, cat 1 alarm and £300 excess.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                                Might be worth giving Aquote a try - I use them for bike insurance and they're pretty good to deal with. Try phoning them (or indeed any of the companies you've got quotes from) and ask them what their best deal is. Make up a price you've been offered if needs be and get them to beat it.

http://www.aquote.co.uk/aq.asp

For car insurance I've always found LV to give me the best price - I get a discount for being a member of the CSMA (basically cos my dad is a retired postman).
                                LV Wont quote if its an import.......£381 is about same as mine but that was 3rd PFandT ! im 41 with 10+ NCB Protected etc etc !

Comment

Working...
                                X