Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have breakdown cover ?

So do you have breakdown cover?

Personally I don't, my missis does and after today I think she is wishing she hadn't taken it out!!

She was using my surf to get to work but (and this is 100% my fault apparently) she left the headlights on (I disabled the driver door switch to stop the "keys left in buzzer" so hence it being my fault). She knows how to jump start and I keep leads in the surf but the battery was so dead even another 4x4 couldn't boost it enough....

So she calls RAC that she has paid for years and never had to use. 3 hours later they show up and have the surf running again in minutes. I suppose if I had paid the RAC for years then its worth getting something out of it.

But she was in a reasonable sized town, with a garage 5 minutes walk away at most, an auto parts shop 5 mins in a taxi away. If she hadnt paid hundreds already she would have sorted it locally, probably in half the time!

oh..... i'm >200miles away at work so couldnt help.... just incase you thought i was a **** leaving her on her own!

Edit: so good i posted it twice, feel free to delete one!

Yes.

Pay some ridiculous amount to the AA every year.

However, have had our moneys worth with a few very unreliable cars (and bikes) a couple of years back.

Even had to call one on Christmas day once.....car wouldn't start, battery had died, ######## over the road just sat there eating his christmas lunch, watching us try to jump start our diesel mondeo off a 20 yr old 1 litre fiesta.
    AA came within the hour, had a new battery on the wagon and we were on our way.

Every year I resent the amount we pay, but for peace of mind (and my peace from my mrs) we still do it knowing that we are sorted.

Comment

dont have any and probably will never have any.

know a few people i can ring if i need the truck/car picked up. most things ill sort myself.

just hate the huge amount you have to pay. if they did a sort of thing where if you took it out and never called them out, after a few years you get some money back or something. or a discount.
      My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

I get breakdown cover with Adrian Flux.

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/customer...n-information/

Comment

Green Flag last time I looked, get it through the COOP Bank account
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            I get breakdown cover with Adrian Flux.
            Same here, not Adrian Flux mind but it is included with my insurance.
            Neal

Comment

you could try Auto Aid. It's only £37 a year. If you break down, you have to pay for recovery, but then you send them the invoices for it and they send you a cheque. Bit more hassle, but worth it for the price and you can use any firm to recover you.

Comment

I get it "Free" with my bank account.

One doesn't not pay insurance to save money though? Just like the underwriters take a risk when they insure us, we take a risk when we pay (or don't pay, depending on one's viewpoint) the premiums?
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I also get it free with our bank account, they just sent a letter saying they changed from the RAC to the AA (3 hour wait is pi$$ poor) ask for a refund and threaten to change
                  (she should have played the "i'm only a woman card" and said she thought someone was following her)
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I have no insurance whatsoever.
                    No breakdown insurance
                    No car insurance
                    No house insurance (contents or building)
                    No life insurance
                    No pet insurance
                    No health insurance

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I have been with the RAC for years and it is well worth it in my opinion. I’ve only had to call them out to the Surf once when the starter motor began to act up one night at work.

Oh and your wife is correct.... it is your silly fault for disabling the buzzer, it is there for a reason you know!
                      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

I have:

Car insurance x 3
                        Bike insurance
                        Breakdown insurance
                        Travel insurance
                        Mobile Phone insurance
                        Home contents insurance x 2
                        Buildings insurance x 2
                        Private medical insurance x 3
                        private dental insurance x 3
                        Life insurance
                        No pet insurance though
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Mine is free with bank account from lloyds...
                          Just phone AA give them account number and man turns up
                          Scratches his head and tells you to wait for transporter....
                          Get a ride in truck with flashing lights all the way home....
                          Remember arrows are silent.....................
                          Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

I am with the AA and have used them twice now since buying surfs and they have broken down on my way home.I have had very quick response times with them and can't fault them
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I get it with my car insurance, but, have straps and ropes in the back of the truck and would just call a friend or family, however its usually friends calling me to pull them out of ditches

Comment

Working...
                              X