Bull bars insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
    Erm now you mention it, i have no idea if my insurance company know about mine. They didnt ask so i didnt say lol. I didnt think to mention it either.
    Surely if i have a crash then less of my car would be damaged meaning my insurance company would have less to fork out for? lol You never know hehe.
    P.S. I might be selling my full wrap around chrome bull bars in a month of so. Mint condition. Not sure what they are worth but if they are worth a few quid then i could be tempted.
    Joas or AIBA's come up now and again on ebay, mostly for Pajes tho, reccon they'll fetch £200 + for surf ones,
    on the insurance, i never told em as they never asked, if i did they'll only crank up the premium and then find some "get out of paying" clause if the worst ever happened, bunch of robbing bstds the whole lot of em,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      A ticket to my 65th
      hehe.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

@ scorpion....£250!!! no way! i was gona ask for about £100! thanks for the value tip mate! lol
        Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

[QUOTE=POPEYE;618947]Joas or AIBA's come up now and again on ebay, mostly for Pajes tho, reccon they'll fetch £200 + for surf ones,
          QUOTE]

No idea what they are. Mine are shiny?
          Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

[QUOTE=surrey-surfer;618975]
            Joas or AIBA's come up now and again on ebay, mostly for Pajes tho, reccon they'll fetch £200 + for surf ones,
            QUOTE]

No idea what they are. Mine are shiny?
            the bars in the pic of mine are Jaos, they'll have a name plate on or the word
            "Jaos" stamped in, AIBA bars are very similar (if not better) and useually have the aiba cut into the front cross plate, these bars also (useually) have small bars at the lower poiny (suppose to protect the indicators) as Apache said these bars are mainly for show and perhaps "nudge" the odd "Roo" or steer out the way, other than that in a good head on there f##kall use, in fact probabley do more damage to the truck than the thing you hit,

Comment

in fact probabley do more damage to the truck than the thing you hit,
              They do.. I remember when Pirate-Storm crashed his truck and the bull bars bent back and tw*tted the bonnet!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                They do.. I remember when Pirate-Storm crashed his truck and the bull bars bent back and tw*tted the bonnet!!
                Exactamundo!! someone else did the same on the continent when he crashed as i remember, they look the b0ll0cks but as there only held on with four bolts at the bottom there about as much use as a chocalate fire guard in a smack, however there ideal for knocking the baseball capped scroat who just walks out in front of you and aint stopping for no one on his arse

Comment

[QUOTE=POPEYE;619020]

the bars in the pic of mine are Jaos, they'll have a name plate on or the word
                  "Jaos" stamped in, AIBA bars are very similar (if not better) and useually have the aiba cut into the front cross plate, these bars also (useually) have small bars at the lower poiny (suppose to protect the indicators) as Apache said these bars are mainly for show and perhaps "nudge" the odd "Roo" or steer out the way, other than that in a good head on there f##kall use, in fact probabley do more damage to the truck than the thing you hit,
                  Oh ok. Ill have to check next time im out because i cant remember any logo on them?
                  I person like the practicality of them when lanning/off roading. Its are great at protecting the front of my car from scratches etc from bushes and branches etc etc. I dont actually like the look of them though. IMO it makes the surf look "front heavy" if that makes sense.
                  And thats not very reasuring to know they dont offer much in the way of impact protection.
                  Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Well,i had a friend look at the bars today and he says he cant figure out how to attach to the surf. I have decided that i really have not got the time at the moment to mess around trying to get them fitted so im putting them up for sale.
                    I was told that they had been removed from a surf so thats really all i know. I dont know who they are made by. I have added a couple of pics just in case somebody recognises them. Im not looking for silly money for them,so if anybody
                    interested,make me an offer. By the way Stormforce,you win the bet,im pleased to know im not the oldest surf owner on here.
                    Attached Files
                    Toyota surf 3.0D 1995

Comment

Sorry, meant Bushwacker not Stormforce.
                      Toyota surf 3.0D 1995

Comment

Hmmmm, to be honest they look a bit different to any bullbars I've seen on a Surf. I may be wrong of course but the top mounting brackets are new to me. They normally attach to the chassis with the bottom 2 brackets on a Surf.

Just wonder if they may have come off a Pajero or the like and been adapted to fit a Surf.

No doubt someone will be along shortly to blow me out of the water!
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

The person i got them from has a pajero. He was the one who said they came of a surf. He tried to fit them to his pajero but said there was no way they would fit.
                          Toyota surf 3.0D 1995

Comment

the brackets are not necessarily in the correct position.
                            Toyota surf 3.0D 1995

Comment

The bottom brackets bolt on in place of the two recovery hooks, the top brackets look like extra support which means the bumper might need to be drilled unless they bolt on behind the grille..

Comment

Erm now you mention it, i have no idea if my insurance company know about mine. They didnt ask so i didnt say lol. I didnt think to mention it either.
                                Surely if i have a crash then less of my car would be damaged meaning my insurance company would have less to fork out for? lol You never know hehe.
                                P.S. I might be selling my full wrap around chrome bull bars in a month of so. Mint condition. Not sure what they are worth but if they are worth a few quid then i could be tempted.
                                any chanc e of a pic or 2 as i am after different bullbars or upgrade to mine....

Comment

Working...
                                X