Bull bars insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull bars insurance

I know it has probably been on here before,but does anybody know an insurance company that will accept full wrapround bull bars? I have got a really nice chrome set but my insuance company said no
    Toyota surf 3.0D 1995

adrian flux and lifesure are ok with them as they are fitted before import
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks stormforce,i have tried Adrianflux but they want silly money. I only pay around £250 at the moment,they wanted over £700.
      Toyota surf 3.0D 1995

Comment

does anybody fit them without telling the company.
        Toyota surf 3.0D 1995

Comment

just fit it on and don't worry about saying owt to the insurance company.You only say something if they ask and if they do then it was on the truck when you bought it
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have been thinking thats the way to go,they didnt mention it when i insured it so i think i will go down that road. Thanks for that,jus twanted to hear that other people do that as well.
            Toyota surf 3.0D 1995

Comment

Take em off and flog them to some muppet on eBay for silly money!

In seven years of offroading, never once hit anything that would have been protected by bullbars.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

They are very much like these,im afaid i like them,so there going on
                Attached Files
                Toyota surf 3.0D 1995

Comment

Ah well, takes all kinds

<need to edit my profile...>

Comment

I'm hardly one to lecture on responsibility, but have fun trying to unbolt them and hide them somewhere before plod turns up if you have a crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Take em off and flog them to some muppet on eBay for silly money!

In seven years of offroading, never once hit anything that would have been protected by bullbars.
                      You'll need some on the Celica now to clear the wildlife out of the way on those country lane jaunts!

Comment

I took mine off when I first bought the truck cos I heard a horror story about someone bending his chassis rails after clouting something pretty hard with the bull bar. I'm not sure how likely that is mind, but its at leat possible if you have tall ones and whack them near the top. Big bending force I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          You'll need some on the Celica now to clear the wildlife out of the way on those country lane jaunts!
                          Quite scary as the wildlife approaches so much faster!

Did you catch sight of that black one by you Vince?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Quite scary as the wildlife approaches so much faster!

Did you catch sight of that black one by you Vince?
                            Nope, I was ill in bed. Plus I noticed you were steaming ahead with theothers.

Comment

Nice in silver, second only to white. Plus mine's the only ST205 I've come across with leather interior. Nice...

Comment

Working...
                              X