yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halfords Extreme Brilliance - MOT failure!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    Is your circle CE marked though?
    Shhh!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      Here we go again... If the lights look blue, they are illegal full stop. Its down to the MOT tester to decide whether they look blue or not. I'm not sure where you would go if the lights had passed some test to say they are in fact road legal, but at the end of the day it is still down to the tester. It's their job.
      I had lamps that were predominantly white, but with a blue-ish hue at certain angles, for years until replacing them with 'normal' ones when they blew. Didn't stop mine passing each MOT.
      Last edited by pontyender; 18 November 2009, 13:45.

Comment

Mine passed a mot test in may with the exact same halfords bulbs in it!!

Alan
        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
          Just got back from the MOT station (CROXDALE FAST FIT) with my failure note!!!!
          It failed because the headlights, in his opinion, "emitted a light other than white".
          The lamps were upgraded in the spring for Halfords Extreme Brilliance Bulbs - which as far as I'm aware a completely road legal.
          Unfortunately i'm no longer in possesion of the original packageing, but I'm pretty sure the box did not say for off road purposses only.
          Are these lamps illegal or is mr MOT being a tad over zealous and/or trying to make a few bob by selling me his own brand bulbs?
          I've refitted the original lamps for retest tomorrow - but now i'm unsure wether to refit the Halfords Extreme Brilliance Bulbs.
          lol

i wouldve ran the tester over then hammerd both of the bulbs in each of his eyes!
          each to their own ay?

Comment

Working...
          X