yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halfords Extreme Brilliance - MOT failure!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course the MOT isn't based on opinion!! It is a STANDARD (see the definition) set by VOSA - no room for opinion. If the bulbs are E-marked they are legal. End of.

We'd be in a hilarious position if MOTs or indeed any kind of standardised testing was subjective. We dont all see colour the same way for a start.

If this guy gives you sh1t, tell him you're reporting him to VOSA and then take your truck somewhere else.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If a tester believes that in his sight the light given out is other than white (i.e. a blueish tint) then he HAS to fail the vehicle. I know this because my LED side lights are in the opinion of my tester of a slight blueish tint.

I trust my tester, he has looked after all my vehicles for nearly a decade, he even checked the manual to make sure he wasn't being pedantic.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
        If a tester believes that in his sight the light given out is other than white (i.e. a blueish tint) then he HAS to fail the vehicle. I know this because my LED side lights are in the opinion of my tester of a slight blueish tint.
        But are they standards marked units? It's a simple case of that if the unit has passed compliance tests, it can't be failed. If it isn't compliant, but is marked as such, then the manufacturer is being frauduent in their claim of compliance. There cannot be an inbetween.

Comment

Amazed that the UK has come to this, your lights are too blue IMO so it's a fail

For the record, bar a little bit of tack at times (maybe it needs saying as it is) MattF is correct most of the time here.
          I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

I trust my tester, he has looked after all my vehicles for nearly a decade, he even checked the manual to make sure he wasn't being pedantic.
            A lot of LED lights aren't E marked.

If the tester 'believes' something, but the item is compliant to the relevant standard, tough. The tester CANNOT fail it.

You CANNOT allow subjectivity in testing to a defined standard!

Comment

My tester, known him for ten years at least, just likes to drive my truck and he passes it.

Comment

Thats cos it's just unthinkable that your truck would need for anything Vince

Comment

In the very same vein...
                  We have a supplier,they supplied a "packaged plant".
                  They were (mistakenly) convinced that as the plant was not from a pool of agreed suppliers, they didn't have to achieve certain standards.
                  This "misinterpretation" of what is a required standard has cost them very dearly, a million plus. Your own opinion of what is acceptable just does not count. Standards are standards and that my old fruits is that.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    In the very same vein...
                    We have a supplier,they supplied a "packaged plant".
                    They were (mistakenly) convinced that as the plant was not from a pool of agreed suppliers, they didn't have to achieve certain standards.
                    This "misinterpretation" of what is a required standard has cost them very dearly, a million plus. Your own opinion of what is acceptable just does not count. Standards are standards and that my old fruits is that.
                    I have standards, do they count in the grand scale of things?

Comment

I find it strange that people on here are willing to accept that an MOT tester's opinion outweighs that of a VOSA Standard!
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Even if it's something he's unsure of, he can't fail it, it goes down as an advisory (like the brake lines behind the fuel tank thing...).

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          I have standards, do they count in the grand scale of things?
                          Vince,
                          if we all had your standards the uk would be great again.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Vince,
                            if we all had your standards the uk would be clean again.
                            Cheers.
                            Let me just edited that for you.

Comment

Vince,
                              if we all had your standards the uk would be great again.
                              Wasn't that Britain? The UK has never been good, never mind great!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                                Wasn't that Britain? The UK has never been good, never mind great!
                                It could be worse. Alex salmond could be Scottish
                                obergrupenfurher... And I've met him... And he's a c o c k, but I digress.
                                Yes the uk. Independence for purely emotive reasons ... Why ?
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X