Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Black Hilux

What a disaster.
    I went to pick up my black hilux from Inverness (automobile, train and plane) on Saturday, I didnt pay too much attention to the bodywork as it was lashing it down with rain (i know, no excuse), but the deed was done and I proceeded to drive back home to Leeds in Yorkshire. Checked the fuel gauge and it showed just over half full.....Drove a further 80miles, gauge was at 1/4, so thought better get some fuel....Put in £40 ...clicked off as full. So we went on our way....Strange things were happening....gauge was sitting at 1/2...then went to 1/4 .....then empty....Thought ok.....obviously a problem with the fuel gauge.....When i got home and in good clear daylight the driver and rear passenger doors have got badly rusted on the bottom edges...The bullbar looked cracked...and on further inspection lifting up a split piece of chrome a huge gaping hole.....

I am so annoyed that i didnt see those defects, as i would have asked the seller to reduce the asking price. The description on ebay was that there was a small surface rust patch on the drivers door and that the bodywork was in excellent condition.....I feel such a mug!!!!!

So is it because the doors are rusty that the fuel gauge aint working properly

Comment

yes , i have contacted him and asked (nicely) that we should come to some agreement as to a contribution towards the costs. Hope he agrees with that. I would prefer to deal with it in an amicable way.

Comment

Originally posted by shirley53 View Post
        yes , i have contacted him and asked (nicely) that we should come to some agreement as to a contribution towards the costs. Hope he agrees with that. I would prefer to deal with it in an amicable way.
        Best way Shirl and as we talked about earlier as long as you got the ebay ad that states the condition and also the pictures of the condition of it then if he don't sort it outside ebay then take a dispute up against him.Also have you got any Q's and A's regarding the condition of the truck before you bought it.If you have then send it to ebay aswell with everything else you got.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I wish you luck. If it was me I think Id be unhappy too. The dodgy fuel gauge wouldnt be an issue but Id be disappointed at the red rot on the doors , if the description had said excellent condition. Problem now is that you rely on the sellers goodwill and him/her being a decent chap. If hes not prepared to sort something I doubt theres much you can do. You can whine all you like to ebay, but in truth they have nothing remotely scary in their arsenal.

Good Luck

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

i spoke to him on the phone only...i will just have to wait and see...the dashboard fascia looks like it has been off and replaced badly too....the cd compartment is a mess with black tape....i dont mind paying out for things....but i hate people being dishonest....my hubby has always said that i am too honest for my own good.....
            one other problem is that the rear window on the tailgate wont move...he did phone me about that prior to me picking it up, but my hubby said that was ok....anyway i tried the key and the window would not move....any ideas to try and get it going apart from spraying wd40 down the seals

Comment

Do what im gonna do, Leave it broke

Comment

Is the motor turning at all?

Comment

You're gunna be pretty screwed i think..

Personally, If someone came an saw anything i was selling, Bought it an then called to complain about something afterwards they'd get told to b*gger off!

I sold an XJ6 XJR grille the other day.. the guy got in touch complaining that it wouldn't fit! So after a while i got it outta him that he had an XJ8.. So the fault is his!

You should've checked the car, Rain or not.. Its a LONG way to go without being 100% before handing the cash over!

As for the tape around the cd player.. Again, something you should've checked when you got in the truck!

I'm sure most of that stuff is fixable.. the rusted out doors aren't worth fixing though!!

There is a great guide on how to repair the window motor if thats whats died.. You'll hear the motor turning but nothing happening! If not then the wires might be broken!

Comment

first thing you should do if they dont decide to compensate you (not that they should) is contact paypal. they are very good with these matters.
                    they just paid me back £235 for some shit car stereo from china.
                    they have procedeurs to follow on thoer website.
                    im not sure how it works when buying a car....or anything where you pick the item up in person but you should open a case against the seller by clicking the option that says something like "item not as described"??

thats what i would do.

not sure in this case if you have a chance but you never know. you can try playing dumb and say well why should i check it over if it says in the advert that the bodywork is in great condition. ???

ohwell bet you wont make this mistake again will you mate lol. sorry.

Comment

well...update...the little beggar has now got very cheeky...i have now just asked for the repair of the fuel gauge... making a point that when an item is described , i expect it to be an honest description...i also added that if he is not prepared to meet the cost of the fuel gauge, then i am not wasting any more of my time and i will proceed to go through the ebay channels of ''item not as described''. I am at the point of not caring if I get any recompense or not.... Its the dishonesty that really annoys me.
                      Odd thing was that he picked me up from the airport (with his father), then my sis and i asked that it would be ok for them to drive to his home, then finalise things...but they drove into a morrisons car park and said they would walk home!!!...thought that kind of odd....oh well you live and learn.....fancy a fellow scot being so dishonest!!!
                      Hope Richard can find me some black doors.....
                      I also really need to get the back window working to be able to put my dogs in....I tried again with the window, it tried to move a fraction...

Comment

I would put this down to experience, you think its bad having a fellow Scot do the dirty on you, i had a fellow Forum member (who was a friend and lived not 40 miles from me) do the dirty on me, not on this forum i might add, so am not picking on no-one here Hope u get stuff sorted soon

Comment

i think you should take it back get your money and buy mine !
                          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

How bad are the rear doors? In all honesty, (other than those, if they are actually badly rusted), the rest just sounds like minor niggles.

The term 'good/excellent condition' varies between people, btw. What one person classes as being in good condition could be what someone else classes as shite. It's open to vast amounts of interpretation.

Comment

Shirley how much did you pay for the surf? If you dont mind me asking? I think this is a major factor in the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X