excited stepping into the unknown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excited stepping into the unknown

hi to everybody new to the forum and collect my first surf 2.4 1992 this week.Live in north yorkshire near the moors so looking at taking it mucky places Yippee as well as using it for daily car (need it here when winter comes village becomes unpassable) Have never owned a proper 4x4 before and looking forward to it have had auto,s in the past and 4wd and rear wheel drives but this is different any tips would be apprieciated apart from dont use the neighbours garden to off road in
    It does have a problem though been told turbo blown how i got it cheap any members up this neck of the woods breaking any looking for various parts but turbo first.thankyou for reading my waffling sally
    Me........... NEVER

Hi Sally
    I'm new here too but welcome.... My other half comes from around there, Houlsyke near Lealholm if you know it - 4x4 territory in winter indeedy, dirt track to the house .. great place
    cheers
    Bill

Comment

Hi newbie's, welcome aboard.

Sally, some of the nutters will be along soon to help with your turbo problem & no doubt they will be telling you to get lift kits & big tyres & what not.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Don't you love a women who like to get dirty......

Hi Sally and welcome to the home of insane surfers.
        This surf with blown turbo if you can find out for sure its the turbo then i can supply a decent 2nd hand one for £100 delivered for you.
        Get some pics of the truck up soon girl and enjoy the surf
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Welcome. It used be standard advice to mind the squirrel, but to be honest, watch out for anyone with a post count of over 3000...
          Andy
          http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
            Welcome. It used be standard advice to mind the squirrel, but to be honest, watch out for anyone with a post count of over 3000...
            Oohhh... Hark at mr sensible poster....( my goddam smilies have stopped working) it's not squirrels of yetis you need to watch out for, neither is it pedantic grammar queens no....it's more likely to be the wallet raping you get owning one of these machines.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              Oohhh... Hark at mr sensible poster....( my goddam smilies have stopped working) it's not squirrels of yetis you need to watch out for, neither is it pedantic grammar queens no....it's more likely to be the wallet raping you get owning one of these machines.
              Wallet raping? Post counts of over 3000.....no smilies and a knackered turbo - this thread has something for everyone

Hi and welcome - and talk to Stormpants spongeforce for parts, he has plenty and offers an excellent service..
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Hello studmuffin
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hello studmuffin
                  Gweetings Gwa!
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

pedantic grammar queens
                    Who, me? I'm only practicing (practising?) for a bit while Albanach's on holiday
                    Andy
                    http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
                      Who, me? I'm only practicing (practising?) for a bit while Albanach's on holiday
                      Good job you didn't say "vacationing"
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Dont listen to him Sally, its not that you have to spend money on these machines its just that well... er... um... well it does look a lot better with those spots, the bull bars, the lift and......... I think you get the idea. By the way welcome.
                        I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Welcome! nowt like buying a 2.4 for stepping into the unknown,
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                            Welcome! nowt like buying a 2.4 for stepping into the unknown,
                            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

welcome sally, hope you fit in here, have my surf 2 months nearly and all the people here have calmed my fears about my truck turning into another money pit..... anyway enjoy and have fun in the Mud

Comment

Working...
                              X