No announcement yet.

general grabbers wont fit!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do those top tracks come as standard on 3rd gens? (not the bars) or did you put them on mate? they look really good.

EDIT: also when you say you get rubbing, can you be more specific? do they rub on every rotation or only on full lock?

Comment

I have the exact same tyres on mine and had busted shocks until yesterday, but they never touched arches or bumper

Comment

Now a picture of the new wheels and tyres next to the originals? A reasonable close up so we can see properly.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
          do those top tracks come as standard on 3rd gens? (not the bars) or did you put them on mate? they look really good.

EDIT: also when you say you get rubbing, can you be more specific? do they rub on every rotation or only on full lock?
          yes standard i think they are on both ones i have had & good thing is unistrut fits!!!!!
          ANTZ

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Now a picture of the new wheels and tyres next to the originals? A reasonable close up so we can see properly.
            new tyres are in boot!
            ANTZ

Comment

Originally posted by anthony whatford View Post
              yes standard i think they are on both ones i have had & good thing is unistrut fits!!!!!
              cool. they look good. was thinking about putting some on mine a while ago.

back on topic....you didnt answer my other question. does it rub on each rotaion or only on full lock?
              also that other pic would be very handy.

Comment

new tyres are in boot!
                Well take one out?

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                  cool. they look good. was thinking about putting some on mine a while ago.

back on topic....you didnt answer my other question. does it rub on each rotaion or only on full lock?
                  also that other pic would be very handy.
                  full lock
                  ANTZ

Comment

Well take one out?
                    surely it needs to be on the wheel to compare the 2 with weight on it
                    ANTZ

Comment

surely it needs to be on the wheel to compare the 2 with weight on it
                      No, we'll get a rough idea. I personally can't see why your truck should be different from everyone else's. The only thing that's an unknown (to us) is the tyres.

Comment

No, we'll get a rough idea. I personally can't see why your truck should be different from everyone else's. The only thing that's an unknown (to us) is the tyres.
                        true, the only thing i can think of that it is the suspension but how can you tell, cant bounce it like a car!!!
                        ANTZ

Comment

full lock
                          is it just one side that catches?

Comment

The drivers side bumper looks like it's nudged back a bit in this pic ?

Rob.

Dunno about the 3rd gen but on the 2nd you can loosen off the bumper mounts and wiggle it about to re-position slightly. Maybe that could help.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i run a 3rd gen and it sits a lot higher than that just put new springs an shocks on ride hight went up 1" but it still sat higher think its the shocks an springs ma self works wonders with new ones on

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                                The drivers side bumper looks like it's nudged back a bit in this pic ?

Rob.

Dunno about the 3rd gen but on the 2nd you can loosen off the bumper mounts and wiggle it about to re-position slightly. Maybe that could help.
                                if the tyre catches on the front then that could well be a possible answer as it does look a little suspect.
                                i was going to ask him if it catches at the fron or back. this might help if we knew?

EDIT: if you lot think this is strange how about my surf. the front left tyre catches on the mud guard and i have 31"'s on it. 31"'s were an optional extra so obviously designed to fit on ok? but mine doesnt? plus i think its been raised and despite this it STILL catches! lol
                                Last edited by goodcat; 17 September 2009, 20:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X