general grabbers wont fit!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general grabbers wont fit!!

hi know this has been covered before but cant find an answer.
    Ordered 2 general grabber AT2 265/70 /16 to go on my 3rd gen on the front.fitted them today & they rub badly on back edge of bumper.
    They only were on for 3 yards travel, rung ROUGHTRAX to send them back & they say I cannot return them as they have been fitted to wheels!!!!
    They say it says this in terms & conditions , I cant find this on there website.
    SO what would be the answer, fit different tyres? I dont want a body lift & really dont want to hack at bumper......please help!!!!
    ANTZ

Yeah, it's new tyres or a body lift kost likely.

If you purchased them and didn't fit them then you could send them back but fitting them is deemed as 'acceptance' of the product and therefore you can't send them back, plus the fact that they would be marked and not in resalable condition.

The only other thing is if they were sold to you as fitting that vehicle without a lift in which case you have been poorly advised and therefore you would be able to send them back.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

We have just put a set of 4 GG AT2s on my wife's 3rd gen, and they fit just fine, same size as those....have you done anything to the truck, bumper, suspension? Seems odd that the standard size tyre would rub like that...

and...

clause 6a of their Ts & Cs..

Goods will only be accepted for return provided that it is returned to us in its original and unused condition (including its original packaging) and dispatched within 14 days of delivery unless otherwise agreed prior with RoughTrax Ltd.
      Last edited by MudSurfer; 17 September 2009, 15:07.
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

no had no mods, roughtrax said it was suspension that was "soggy" but garage i use says all looks ok.
        ANTZ

Comment

I did check with roughtrax what tyre size to get. They said these would be ok!!!!!
          ANTZ

Comment

Originally posted by anthony whatford View Post
            Ordered 2 general grabber AT2 265/70 /16 to go on my 3rd gen on the front.fitted them today & they rub badly on back edge of bumper.
            They only were on for 3 yards travel, rung ROUGHTRAX to send them back & they say I cannot return them as they have been fitted to wheels!!!!
            They say it says this in terms & conditions , I cant find this on there website.
            SO what would be the answer, fit different tyres? I dont want a body lift & really dont want to hack at bumper......please help!!!!
            Where in bradford mate, i can take a look if you like, may even buy them off you?
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

You (or previous owner) haven't suffered saggy ar5e have you, and lowered the front to level it up? They should fit a standard truck...

Wouldn't trust what garages say about these things.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

sounds like you need new spings/shocks on the front mate
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I notice he's put rubbing on back edge of bumper, sure they arn't 265/75/16's.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                    I notice he's put rubbing on back edge of bumper, sure they arn't 265/75/16's.
                    Fairly sure Barry doesn't stock the GGs in that size..

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=850
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I run that size on a standard 3rd gen and they are fine.
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                        Fairly sure Barry doesn't stock the GGs in that size..

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=850
                        Ahh well spotted that man.

Comment

Nip out and measure each corner from the bottom of the top edge of the wheel arch to the top edge of the wheel (not the tyre, the wheel rim) and post the figures.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

100% grabber at2 265/70/16. I have bfg's on the back same size.
                            ANTZ

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              You (or previous owner) haven't suffered saggy ar5e have you, and lowered the front to level it up? They should fit a standard truck...

Wouldn't trust what garages say about these things.

3rd gens are non-adjustable. McPherson type struts.

Comment

Working...
                              X