yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F.A.O Koi or other mods. with special powers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Albannach;576296]
    Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
    Are you now, or have you ever been a teacher, or are you a grammer and accuracy guru? - if not, you may have missed your calling...[\quote]

Nope...

A few years ago, when my employer shed 2,000 jobs, I was planning to be a College lecturer. Didn't lose my job in the end, but I sometimes wonder if I'd have been better off with the career move?
    Nope, there's only enough room for one professor on here!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Nope, there's only enough room for one professor on here!
      Semi retired...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        I didn't mention spelling.

I didn't say it was.

That's your fault, not mine. I didn't ask you to do it, you did it of your own volition.

I didn't mention punctuation either. And why should I kill myself?

I meant tidy it up as in take out the duplication, conjecture and errors. That's all. If it's going to be a 'How to' it has to be 100% correct, what you've written isn't.

What you've done is a good starting point for an article, it has a long way to go before it is finished though. Think about it this way, if it were a presentation, how long would it take to present? Once you have the time in minutes, you can work out (roughly) the preparation time. One minute of presentation takes about one hour of preparation.

As for Grammar and punctuation, the article has to be perfect, otherwise it makes the forum look amateurish.

This is constructive criticism, and advice, not pi$$ taking. I hope you chose to accept it and any help offered from me or the others on here.
        hello mate. when you said "conjecture" i'll admit i wasnt entirely sure what the word meant. i just assumed it had something to do with errors. errors such as spelling and construction etc etc.
        i got what you implied wrong. im sorry.

Another thing i just want to clear up with people is that i never intended it to be a "HOW TO" thread. (a good idea though but something someone eles should write, nt me lol)
        i mearly intended it to be a "file" if you like for infomation on lifting surfs.
        this is why i wasnt too bothered about structure, grammer, punctuation etc etc.
        now you mention it, in order for it to be a sticky, i suppose yes, it would be better for it to be written up more professionally.
        in that case as its not up to the forums sticky standards, just leave it as a thread (not a sticky) that is full of the appropriate info (not a "how to") for lifting surfs.

also when i said to you in the other thread that i couldnt be bothered to explain why i didnt want people replying just yet, i assumed you hadnt read THIS thread and so didnt understand why or what i was doing it for.
        obviously i want people to reply...i just wanted to get the ball rolling properly to start with.
        Regards,
        Jay.

p.s remember when i said to you i can give as good as i get?.......well if i dont like someone i will just call them a prick straight up. if i dont say something like that then it would be safe to assume im just being dry or sarcastic..or both!
        your a clever chap mate and i have nothing against you. when two people have very dry wits they are bound to clash and be taken the wrong way especially when reading in text form as opposed to in person.

Comment

Serious for a change.

I personally think, that since a few moaning newish members have joined and starting bl00dy whining at the slightest question or mistake. It used to be that you asked a question you got a link or a reply, and then you thanked the giver of any info given, now all you lot do is moan and take the pi55. Glad i have not got a surf anymore so i don't need to ask anyone's advice.
          Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH View Post
            I personally think, that since a few moaning newish members have joined and starting bl00dy whining at the slightest question or mistake. It used to be that you asked a question you got a link or a reply, and then you thanked the giver of any info given, now all you lot do is moan and take the pi55. Glad i have not got a surf anymore so i don't need to ask anyone's advice.
            Lol - only takes a few minutes to help out a newbie if they need help. I don't know much (or anything) come to that matter, but what I know is that every time I do a search I end up reading all the hijacked threads and spending hours laffin me t1ts off at you lot and the tangents you go off on.

When you need help urgently its nice to be able to ask and get an answer, not worry about who you may upset in the process or suffer any abuse. If you can help by pointing them in the direction then whats the issue? They may even come back an pay their subs....

How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH View Post
              You have a Vauxhall though, their forums can be worse. And you'll use them more often

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                When you need help urgently its nice to be able to ask and get an answer, not worry about who you may upset in the process or suffer any abuse. If you can help by pointing them in the direction then whats the issue? They may even come back an pay their subs....
                For me it's not necesarily the fact they don't use the search button, it's the ones who come here, don't introduce themselves, ask a question then bugger off. Only to return a few weeks later with another inane question.

No thanks, no subs, no effort; nothing.

Comment

Corr Mate I thought it was only women that that got P.M.T you lot ever tried gripe water ???
                  I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evildwarf View Post
                    Corr Mate I thought it was only women that that got P.M.T you lot ever tried gripe water ???
                    I'd say obviously not

Comment

For all their gripin fair play they still answer the inane questions as us noobs have no other way to break the ice as we are not ready to build a lexsurf yet
                      for all that they have a great sense of humour which noobs dont realise and take what this lot say to personally instead of taking it on the chin a small price to pay for a great deal of help and banter
                      I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

All in all this is a very good forum, yes people do pop in ask questions and disapear, but they may also come back and be a good forum member,
                        When i first joined i took a while to introduce myself, not to be funny, but to get an idea of what the forum is like and the type of people on here, i did pay my subs straightaway, once i saw it was a very good site and had an excellant bunch of people on here i introduced myself and joined in.
                        Yes alot of people do not use the search button, but it takes awhile to get used to a site, maybe some buttons at the side of the page which will link direct to the most asked questions on a seperate page for that information.
                        These buttons could be visable on each section of the site, relatively easy to implement. Please do not ruin a very good site by going of on a tangent, rather than moan about it, put forward ideas to improve things, that way you can keep the newbies coming to the site, for all the ones who do not pay subs, there are alot who do. Keep up this excellant site, for all people, even thick ones like me.
                        www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

W.T.F, guys come on,whats happened to this forum.this use to be a place i would be on every night until the early hours of the morning,we use to have a really good laugh on here the banter was great the members were great and we all got on like a house on fire,we all interacted together and all took the #### out of one another.but since BILLY was on here this site has gone downhill,its almost as if his ghost is still haunting us.personally i dont know what the answer is,i like many other have been a member on here for a long,long time and yes i get ####ed off with seeing the same question popping up again and again.and i get ####ed off with members who have no sense of humour,and the moaners #### me off as well,but we all have one thing in common we love our surfs,maybe what we need is a little piece on the forum entitled who ####ed you off today,like elite have,where every one can moan and groan and upset each other as much as they like,always has me in stiches.and if you dont want to know about it dont go in there.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                            W.T.F, guys come on,whats happened to this forum.this use to be a place i would be on every night until the early hours of the morning,we use to have a really good laugh on here the banter was great the members were great and we all got on like a house on fire,we all interacted together and all took the #### out of one another.but since BILLY was on here this site has gone downhill,its almost as if his ghost is still haunting us.personally i dont know what the answer is,i like many other have been a member on here for a long,long time and yes i get ####ed off with seeing the same question popping up again and again.and i get ####ed off with members who have no sense of humour,and the moaners #### me off as well,but we all have one thing in common we love our surfs,maybe what we need is a little piece on the forum entitled who ####ed you off today,like elite have,where every one can moan and groan and upset each other as much as they like,always has me in stiches.and if you dont want to know about it dont go in there.

Well said that man

Comment

See mark, you must have done a search on " how to get these pink furry handcuffs off " either that or you are using your nose to type this…perhaps if you do an in depth search you might find the " pool ball gag removal " thread
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                                hello mate. when you said "conjecture" i'll admit i wasnt entirely sure what the word meant. i just assumed it had something to do with errors. errors such as spelling and construction etc etc.
                                i got what you implied wrong. im sorry.

Another thing i just want to clear up with people is that i never intended it to be a "HOW TO" thread. (a good idea though but something someone eles should write, nt me lol)
                                i mearly intended it to be a "file" if you like for infomation on lifting surfs.
                                this is why i wasnt too bothered about structure, grammer, punctuation etc etc.
                                now you mention it, in order for it to be a sticky, i suppose yes, it would be better for it to be written up more professionally.
                                in that case as its not up to the forums sticky standards, just leave it as a thread (not a sticky) that is full of the appropriate info (not a "how to") for lifting surfs.

also when i said to you in the other thread that i couldnt be bothered to explain why i didnt want people replying just yet, i assumed you hadnt read THIS thread and so didnt understand why or what i was doing it for.
                                obviously i want people to reply...i just wanted to get the ball rolling properly to start with.
                                Regards,
                                Jay.

p.s remember when i said to you i can give as good as i get?.......well if i dont like someone i will just call them a prick straight up. if i dont say something like that then it would be safe to assume im just being dry or sarcastic..or both!
                                your a clever chap mate and i have nothing against you. when two people have very dry wits they are bound to clash and be taken the wrong way especially when reading in text form as opposed to in person.
                                You haven't met him, have you?
                                Last edited by yoshie; 16 September 2009, 18:43.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X