yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in Kent/Surrey/Sussex know anyone with land with a surplus of rabbits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Albannach;574235]One of the problems is that when they come here, they have the same attitude.

this i have seen first hand one time a mate rented out a house to some poles that had a pond with some koi and other fish, 4 weeks later no fish and the bloke next door told him they fished them out and cooked them

most of my time on the farms is spent walking the fence's and i have seen a few times gangs with dogs and lamps and one time i was shot at by them when i lit them up .

i love going out with a gun and some nights i dont fire a shot , i just sit and watch , you do see some fantastic stuff , i have had two hare only a few feet away . I dont shoot hare as it is not needed .

i got a one off shoot on one estate for the end of the pheasant season and the land owner wanted me to ( sterilize ) the land , i talked him into letting me live capture all the cocks and took them to another farm ( dairy ) as that farmer likes to see a bit of wildlife out of his window .

48 cocks and 25 hens over 3 weekends and i clocked up about 480 miles so
    trust me it aint all about killing.
    john
    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

• Originally posted by johnd View Post
      48 cocks over 3 weekends
      john
      Someone's after Rod's crown!

sorry John, couldn't resist
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• Hi John, you emphasised my point emphatically, when managed properly and by people you understand the countryside and its problems and solutions you get the right mix. No one in their right mind can moan about that.
        Education helps as well, unfortunatly we live in a world where some people believe they know better than that which is taught. They are usually the ones who believe they do not need school or any type of education and can do what they like when they like.
        www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

• [QUOTE=johnd;574288]
          Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          One of the problems is that when they come here, they have the same attitude.

this i have seen first hand one time a mate rented out a house to some poles that had a pond with some koi and other fish, 4 weeks later no fish and the bloke next door told him they fished them out and cooked them

most of my time on the farms is spent walking the fence's and i have seen a few times gangs with dogs and lamps and one time i was shot at by them when i lit them up .

i love going out with a gun and some nights i dont fire a shot , i just sit and watch , you do see some fantastic stuff , i have had two hare only a few feet away . I dont shoot hare as it is not needed .

i got a one off shoot on one estate for the end of the pheasant season and the land owner wanted me to ( sterilize ) the land , i talked him into letting me live capture all the cocks and took them to another farm ( dairy ) as that farmer likes to see a bit of wildlife out of his window .

48 cocks and 25 hens over 3 weekends and i clocked up about 480 miles so
          trust me it aint all about killing.
          john
          Nicely put, Just to add my view as to Eastern Europeans eating our fish.

I fish the fens for Pike, sometimes from the bank but mostly from my boat. Last Friday I travelled lure fished and trolled ( Electric motor for trolling ) 10 miles up and down a fen drain I have fished for 30 years.

Five years ago I would have caught 15 or more fish up to and over 25lb at least, Last Friday I did not catch one.

My freind and I pulled up 3 dead lines one had a dead /decayed Pike attached with large crude sea hooks, I removed this line and the other 2 and destroyed them and there bank stakes.

The river in question is named the River Wissey, 3 years ago 4 Eastern Europeans came down from Scotland and set a 60 metre fike net along this stretch of River and were caught with varios vast amounts of coarse fish dead on the bank some were cooking on a barbacue they had built.

To my knowlege only one of these people were prosicuted they others I believe fled the country.

If I do not renew my rod licence and am caught I will be prosicuted straight away no questions asked. I even met up with a couple of chaps reed cutting for the river board they had seen these "track suited criminals" even fishing closed season, reported them and as far as they are aware nothing was done and nobody turned up to arrest them.

These people are openly destroying our sport bearing in mind it's said that waters will take 20 years to recover !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache View Post

i know , i walked right into that one
            john
            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache View Post

Comment

Working...
              X