yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in Kent/Surrey/Sussex know anyone with land with a surplus of rabbits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody in Kent/Surrey/Sussex know anyone with land with a surplus of rabbits?

Evening all

Outside chance but I've lost one of my shoots and could reallly do with somewhere close to home that has a rabbit problem they need controlling.

I'm fully insured, used to shooting in places with livestock etc. etc.
    So anyone know any farmers that might be worth me speaking to?

As I know this can be an emotive subject, so for the record this sort of shooting is something it took me a long time to decide to do but having been asked by a farmer friend if I would help them sort their rabbits out I did a lot of thinking and came to the conclusion that if I wanted to eat meat I should be prepared to kill it.

Eventually promised myself that if I wasnt prepared to do exactly that, that I would go vegetarian. Ever since, I occasionally go shooting and eat everything I shoot. Can't say I enjoy killing things at all (though the outdoorsy bit and challenge is enjoyable) but it does feel better than buying meat form the supermarket thats been brought up in the conditions we've all seen on TV.

Can't help with the shoot but appreciate your attitude. If you cant kill it and clean it why should you cook it and eat it, and I'll be the first to admit that cleaning out birds is not my favourite way of spending a couple of hours.
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
      Evening all

Outside chance but I've lost one of my shoots and could reallly do with somewhere close to home that has a rabbit problem they need controlling.

I'm fully insured, used to shooting in places with livestock etc. etc.
      So anyone know any farmers that might be worth me speaking to?

As I know this can be an emotive subject, so for the record this sort of shooting is something it took me a long time to decide to do but having been asked by a farmer friend if I would help them sort their rabbits out I did a lot of thinking and came to the conclusion that if I wanted to eat meat I should be prepared to kill it.

Eventually promised myself that if I wasnt prepared to do exactly that, that I would go vegetarian. Ever since, I occasionally go shooting and eat everything I shoot. Can't say I enjoy killing things at all (though the outdoorsy bit and challenge is enjoyable) but it does feel better than buying meat form the supermarket thats been brought up in the conditions we've all seen on TV.
      Give TonyN a shout mate
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

hi paul cant help with the shoot but i must say i eat meat but i wouldn't kill it and dont feel like a hypocrite you see i think there's a fine line between getting turned on by killing an animal and killing an animal for meat and most that kill because they enjoy killing will say they do it for the meat i know men that dress up like rambo on a saturday morning with there big gun so that they can go out all macho like to kill a man eating er pheasant or child killing rabbit and think they are doing the world a favour when in fact they do it to feel big probabley in the wedding tackle department .i cant agree with MEN like a mate of mine going out shooting pheasant and saying he does it for the meat if you want to eat pheasant then the game keeper can just pull there necks and you could buy the meat no the enjoyment is in the killing of the bird and that i find disturbing .i love meat but i dont feel the need to kill as there are butchers that do this for me they kill as a job a way of making a living . i dont have a problem with hunting so long as the person doing it has a good reason but to stand in a field dress like an action man killing birds that have been thrown at you from the other side of a bush isnt hunting for food its killing for the pleasure of killing .any way mate hope to see you at boxgrove this month all the best steve

Comment

Not sure where that rant came from, and not sure whether I agree with you or not cos I'm not sure what your point is!

Are you saying that your attitude to killing animals depends on what the guy with the gun is wearing? Sounds a bit odd...

What about fishing? When I lived on the coast, I beach fished, and boat fished and kept what I caught (despite the fact that fishmongers exist). I sometimes wore wellies, sometimes wore oilskins. If I wore jeans and a T-shirt, is that more acceptable?

If I took up shooting, I'd do it cos the idea of hunting for food has some sort of ancient appeal. I wouldn't shoot animals and just leave them as that is a waste of a resource. However, I'd be more likely to wear olive drab than a dayglo tracksuit as its more suitable for the purpose and the little blighters dont see you coming

This is the kind of thread I was bemoaning the lack of last night. A mentalist with a rant
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

the only hunting i have done is for taliban
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
              Do they barbecue well?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

machine:im sorry im just bored and all the posts seem so limp lately
                Last edited by steve s; 2 September 2009, 18:54.

Comment

if you get one with a long beard they do not much meat on them
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                    good for you did you bag any .

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Not sure where that rant came from, and not sure whether I agree with you or not cos I'm not sure what your point is! :rofl:

Are you saying that your attitude to killing animals depends on what the guy with the gun is wearing? Sounds a bit odd...

What about fishing? When I lived on the coast, I beach fished, and boat fished and kept what I caught (despite the fact that fishmongers exist). I sometimes wore wellies, sometimes wore oilskins. If I wore jeans and a T-shirt, is that more acceptable?

If I took up shooting, I'd do it cos the idea of hunting for food has some sort of ancient appeal. I wouldn't shoot animals and just leave them as that is a waste of a resource. However, I'd be more likely to wear olive drab than a day glo tracksuit as its more suitable for the purpose and the little blighters dont see you coming

This is the kind of thread I was bemoaning the lack of last night. A mentalist with a rant :rofl:
                      my point is that if you kill for meat then fine if you kill for the enjoyment of killing then you need treatment .as for (i eat meat so im prepared to kill it and clean it ) dont feel that that's a good enough reason to kill and that sounds as though i should feel bad for eating meat if im not prepared to kill it .i eat potatoes but im not going to grow them i go on holiday in a plane but i will never learn to fly one . i used to go beach fishing and eat the fish but i felt bad about killing them so in the end i stopped i did alot of pike fishing up too about 2 years ago but to see people kill a fish to catch a fish or to use live bait wasn't for me .im not anti hunting for pest control or for food just anti the action men that kill for pleasure

Comment

You could try Kent Wildfowlers, not sure if their advertising at the mo but they were, I heard they've picked up a fair bit of land in the sussex area and it includes rabbit control.
                        Neal

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                          my point is that if you kill for meat then fine if you kill for the enjoyment of killing then you need treatment .as for (i eat meat so im prepared to kill it and clean it ) dont feel that that's a good enough reason to kill and that sounds as though i should feel bad for eating meat if im not prepared to kill it .i eat potatoes but im not going to grow them i go on holiday in a plane but i will never learn to fly one . i used to go beach fishing and eat the fish but i felt bad about killing them so in the end i stopped i did alot of pike fishing up too about 2 years ago but to see people kill a fish to catch a fish or to use live bait wasn't for me .im not anti hunting for pest control or for food just anti the action men that kill for pleasure
                          ive been shooting for 30 years and the heart still races when im decoying over stubble or two woodcock get up and there is a chance of a left and right , or bass fishing and a 8 pounder takes the plug, i enjoy the sport and the eating of game and fish , killing is part of it .

Comment

but is the killing enjoyable

Comment

HELL YEA
                              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                              X