yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some ideas needed... well more like questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
    rod the only thing thats full of sh!t is you. its hasnt got a spare wheel on its roof has it???. its not gonna handle like a sports car,its a 2tonne truck.

hehehe, it took 5 pages, but finaly found a post I agree with......

( @ Rod... )
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
      aye an the rest of us haven't come across any other head that fit's quite so neatly up our arses as that of a v6 owner
      Oi, I had a V6.....

(I let my ex keep it when we split up... )
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        I
        im only going with what i've read on yotatech... they have the 3.0 V6 as stock out there an they seem to hate it with a passion! Its only a tiny bit more powerful than a 3.0ltr diesel but with sh!t mpg.. Wouldn't consider one myself!
        Well, actually, they do indeed have the V6 as stock out there, and they do hate it with a passion, but it's only crap in the context of a 3 litre V6. It's mostly the gearbox that's the problem though - apparently the manuals are much better. When you drive a V6, you can actually feel the energy being sapped by the torque converter flapping about, it's weird.

Versus the diesel, it does only have a little more power, but is a far more responsive engine and a much better drive.

Do consider that in the context of a 2.4 turbo diesl, the 2.4 is extremely crap. They're old motors, they're not going to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
          aye an the rest of us haven't come across any other head that fit's quite so neatly up our arses as that of a v6 owner
          Guilty as charged.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post

Do consider that in the context of a 2.4 turbo diesl, the 2.4 is extremely crap. They're old motors, they're not going to be great.
            OI ......... we resemble that remark ........at least we ain't go our hand on hips like the third genners

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              What your planning to do is exactly what i've done, it'll be much better on a 3lt tho...
              Thanks for the detailed reply... if you could it will be nice to have a look at the photo's that you've taken while you were doing it
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              All I want for X-mas is a garage stocked with tools and a manual 3.0td Surf

Comment

A random few, first two are where to cut the tunnel and plate,
                the ball joint space and where the grease nipple will be when done, the box metal to hold up the top wishbone, and the rear spring without and with the alloy seating ring, got some of body mounts but not much use to you, you'll soon find em, two at the front six inside the cab (three each side) and to in the boot near the luggage anchor eyes, except for the front two they all have plactic covers over the bolt and the bolt heads have fixed tab washers but they come unfixed pretty quich so you'll need a locked socket inside while you undo the nuts underneath, bolts also very in size at the different mounts so keep a check on which ones go where, you'll get the right size blocks and bolts with the kit, i got mine from stien and they were 4" blocks which i had to cut down and over thickness bolts meaning i had to ream out the steel inserts/washers etc, you should'nt have that prob tho, theres a pic of the spacers i used to drop the rear break compensator assembly down a bit to take the tension out the hose as well, plus bumper lift bracket
                Attached Files
                Last edited by POPEYE; 29 April 2009, 18:30.
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                X