yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions please....and keep them clean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok im no expert but are you bleeding it with all the blowers on full heat.

Sorry in advance if im talking shite.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
      Ok im no expert but are you bleeding it with all the blowers on full heat.

Sorry in advance if im talking shite.
      That's fine Si. And yes, blower on hot just to make sure. Done heads on MGF's before and they're supposed to be a git to bleed but nothing like this. Even my old MR2 bled up quicker and easier. And to be honest not looking forward to lifting the head off again or taking the engine out
      That'll fit!

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
        what he said...

but to be honest if the truck ain't overheating and driving fine then I would not worry to much at all.....
        Cheers Toby. Hope all is well with you.
        That'll fit!

Comment

i followed the mattf/popeye route off putting a t piece up by the heater control (the one on the bulk head) and hanging a litre bottle of coolant to drain in to the system, i still had to leave it parked uphill with the rad cap off.it took about 3 good runs/cool downs to finally settle down, and i have to do a good 10 mile run at least before the bottom of the rad gets hot
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by scudmonkey View Post
            That's fine Si. And yes, blower on hot just to make sure. Done heads on MGF's before and they're supposed to be a git to bleed but nothing like this. Even my old MR2 bled up quicker and easier. And to be honest not looking forward to lifting the head off again or taking the engine out
            I really want to change my coolant this summer but am sh!t scared cos ive heard all these tails about bleeding being a problem.

Sorry i was of no help.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

gwh 200......seen that thread and am now seriously considering that as an option. There's a chance i might be paranoid after it really broke at Salisbury but there seems to be a common link in the suggestions that I'm really grateful for. Thanks chaps!
              That'll fit!

Comment

its a bit more straightforward on a 3.0 litre
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

That may well be my next stop! Anyone come across cracked or porous 2.4 blocks before?
                  That'll fit!

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    i followed the mattf/popeye route off putting a t piece up by the heater control
                    lLike this.......
                    Attached Files

Comment

@Bush....nice one. Looks like I'll be doing another job on the truck tomorrow!
                      That'll fit!

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        I really want to change my coolant this summer but am sh!t scared cos ive heard all these tails about bleeding being a problem.

Sorry i was of no help.
                        3rd gens are easy mate, done mine in 20 mins all bleed with no problems
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Salisbury ..........were you playing in my back garden (the plain) ?
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

try this.

Changed my rad last week, i connected a hose to the drain plug on bottom of rad to fill from the bottom up, disconnected the heater pipe where it connect on bulkhead till water came out, then undone rad cap, this worked, drained excess water from drain plug while adding coolant, seems fine with no gurgling, had the front of the surf raised at time. Had a lot of crap come out from heater pipe. Worth a try, hope this helps.
                            www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

my toyota supra and my lads supra were both a pain in the Rse, it took for ever to get the air out, raised the front wheels up so the engine is higher, kept filling through rad whilst keeping the revs up quite high, soon gets the air out, put the top hose connectors on my sons supra as we were not getting anywhere, worked a treat.
                              i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                                Salisbury ..........were you playing in my back garden (the plain) ?

I was indeed can't help it! Shame so many of the roads have been changed into donkey tracks.
                                That'll fit!

Comment

Working...
                                X