yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions please....and keep them clean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions please....and keep them clean!

Right all knowing surf bods. still got a water circulation problem with the Surf. Stuff done so far:-Engine
    Head
    Stat
    Water pump
    Radiator
    and done more bleeding than a vampire!
    And still can't get the rad to get hot all over. Top hot, bottom cold. Starting to run out of
    ideas and money now, not to forget patience. Flushed in every direction possible
    through every available hose. And the concern is that the hoses are still getting hard
    although its not sicking up coolant, but still harder than they should. Anyone got any
    suggestions? If not its an Evilbay sale this weekend!
    That'll fit!

Originally posted by scudmonkey View Post
    Right all knowing surf bods. still got a water circulation problem with the Surf. Stuff done so far:-Engine
    You've had 2 engines with exactly the same problem?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      You've had 2 engines with exactly the same problem?
      The original engine that came with the vehicle was noisey on number 4 big end but had no cooling issues. So i bought another second hand engine and fitted it. all well for a while then it just sicked up its coolant after a run. Refilled and bled and it was fine for ages then a couple of weeks ago it was royally sick down at Salisbury. Relay job home. So fitted another head and now can't get circulation round the engine. Must have missed something!
      That'll fit!

Comment

ehhh

correct me if I am wrong but the rad seems fine...
        hot water comes in from the engine cools and then cold water flows back into the engine....
        is that not the whole point of the rad?

the hoses I am not sure how and what...

is the truck overheating?
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Hi Toby!
          True about the rads function, but even so it should at least get warm and dry off any spilled water from filling it I reckon but there's not even enough heat to do that.
          That'll fit!

Comment

Hi Toby!
            True about the rads function, but even so it should at least get warm and dry off any spilled water from filling it I reckon but there's not even enough heat to do that.
            yeh but how long do u run the truck....
            I mean mine has to run a fair distance to dry it out....

Is the truck overheating tho?

Comment

When did you fit the new radiator? Sounds like you've dumped all the crud from 2nd engine into the radiator and choked it.

Comment

Not overheating but lots of gurgle noises from the heater matrix and I've just done a 25 mile trip.
                That'll fit!

Comment

When did you fit the new radiator? Sounds like you've dumped all the crud from 2nd engine into the radiator and choked it.
                  Fitted it this evening and flushed the engine through before. Sad thing is the rad that came out is clear!
                  That'll fit!

Comment

Not overheating but lots of gurgle noises from the heater matrix and I've just done a 25 mile trip.
                    If it's gurgling it has air in it, so it's not bled right.

Does the temp indicator work at all?

Comment

Fitted it this evening and flushed the engine through before. Sad thing is the rad that came out is clear!
                      So long as it's new, it'll be OK. The rad can seem clear whilst still being blocked.

Comment

Gauge sits at half-way point which I'd expect to be normal. I've bled the at the matrix by by slackening off a hose and get a squirt of water. Never known anything like this for bleeding. Must be a huge airlock somewhere as the boyyom rad hose doesn't even get warm.
                        That'll fit!

Comment

Did you fill the system with the thermostat out? If not, try that. Then burp the system properly. Lastly, leave the truck overnight with the cap off a few times to let any residual air out.

Comment

Cheers for that. Going to do that now.Spent a fortune on this and not even got it really dirty yet....what a pi##er! Have you ever come across a 2.4 with a cracked or porous block? Truck runs well and seems quite quick for what it is.
                            That'll fit!

Comment

Did you fill the system with the thermostat out? If not, try that. Then burp the system properly. Lastly, leave the truck overnight with the cap off a few times to let any residual air out.
                              what he said...

but to be honest if the truck ain't overheating and driving fine then I would not worry to much at all.....

Comment

Working...
                              X