No announcement yet.

Anyone into planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81-84 - we liked it so much we took a years extension on a two year posting !

The DI was OK but the drinking was much better in the Creagory - bit of a long walk back to Balivanich though (That might explain the number of cars found in ditches in the morning !)

I managed to get out to St Kilda for a fortnight while I was there - marvellous place but I wasn't impressed with the 16hr crossing on the LCL

PS
    At the height of summer all you get at night is 2 hours of slightly grey but in the winter ........

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      When did you leave Benbecula? I spent a month up there, 1987 or 88 I think, working out of the airfield with pilotless aircraft in between the BA flights ). Stayed in the Dark Island hotel and drank til stupid o'clock every night cos it stayed light til stupidly late!
      i didn't think you needed an excuse Andy to drink like that....
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

'Sedate' ? Isn't that posh speak for boring ?????

Trust me Jungly pilots are far from boring ! totally mad maybe...however some RAF pilots could do boring even in their sleep mode

I want to re-build a Lynx next, gettin bored with 677 now
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
          Trust me Jungly pilots are far from boring ! totally mad maybe...however some RAF pilots could do boring even in their sleep mode

I want to re-build a Lynx next, gettin bored with 677 now
          Why not give yourself a challenge

Wessex or Dragonfly
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

The Museum owns the Wessex, we are only allowed near it when it requires cleaning ! Bristol Sycamore is ahead of the Dragonfly in the queue and we have yet another Whirlwind in the shed

www.project677.co.uk our Seaking is so big we are outside all the time and now that the Marines have completed the Gazelle we may have enough space for a Lynx...it'll be a very long time beforewe get an ...Apache !

Comment

What a Wasp ?

Or a Bell 47
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                What a Wasp ?

Or a Bell 47
                Bell 47 is owned by YHPG,had a sniff at a Wasp at a place called Everatts near Ipswich its in Navy colours but I could buy a few Surfs for the price they are quoting so we are glad that we got the Scout from MOD th Soux isn't brilliant but I'm sure the lads will tackle it some day...

you know your stuff, are you ex airman ?

Comment

Working...
                X