Anyone into planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone into planes

No idea what the fuss is all about myself, but I know some of you like this sort of thing:

http://www.tvoc.co.uk/default.asp

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    No idea what the fuss is all about myself, but I know some of you like this sort of thing:

http://www.tvoc.co.uk/default.asp
    It would be nice to see it flying again but i won't go so far as making a donation.

No doubt some rich yank will step in at the last minute to fund it.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

passengers ???
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
        passengers ???
        About 20,000Lbs of them in the bomb bay

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post

I can't see any Yank funding a Vulcan restoration - after all it's not American !

I'd love to see (and hear) her flying but they'll have a hell of a job raising that sort of dosh in the current climate

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I can't see any Yank funding a Vulcan restoration - after all it's not American !

I'd love to see (and hear) her flying but they'll have a hell of a job raising that sort of dosh in the current climate

It's easy to raise a fair chunk of it, I can think of a certain passenger who, if left in the bomb bay will happily donate his pension (£650K) & a bit more - get my drift ?
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

These things are awesome flying machines used to fly over
              our house in the mid 70s after take off from Church Fenton
              and they could rattle the windows and roof tiles.
              I think they were hunting submarines in the North Sea,
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

the "I want £1m to play with my toys" fund??

maybe a museum is the best place for it... i remember them well, flying from RAF greenham common in the 80's... but can't say i've got any urge to see one flying again???

even if it is one of the few planes i could recognise!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I remember them doing circuits at Llanbedr a few years before I worked there. Stunning thing to see in the air. They've got one at Cosford air museum, and you can sit in the cockpit.

Not sure they were ever used for sub hunting though. They were designed as nuclear bombers, though used as conventional bombers in anger in the Falklands.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Eyup Si are you sure they could get into fenton? runway was a bit short ? Andre has his Victor K2 at Elvington, i never actualy posted at Church Fenton, but had to go and pick up a Nimrod crew from there after a SSAFA show, Vulcans were a plenty over here at Finningley Scampton and Waddington. We have a cockpit section from a vulcan at Aeroventure, I'm afraid XH558 has a lot of unhappy baggage, a lot of money has never made it to the aircraft there is a huge retail and support infrastructure hiding behind it, plus one doctor plemming who likes to wax lyrical about all he has done for this magnificent British built aircraft, they've tried to get Branson to step in, I think he liked Concorde more though.
                    Thanks Sancho for bringing the old girls plight to our attention ! We at project677 salute you
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                      It would be nice to see it flying again but i won't go so far as making a donation.

Dont think I'll bother on this one
                      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Anybody read Vulcan 607 ? by Rowland White it certainly made an impression on Jeremy clarkson oh and Stanley runway (Falkland islands)
                        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                          Anybody read Vulcan 607 ? by Rowland White it certainly made an impression on Jeremy clarkson oh and Stanley runway (Falkland islands)
                          Yup, found it to be a very good "behind" the scenes factual telling of the falklands tale.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Yanks invented everything mate, but if it all goes wrong they just blame someone else, thats the american way.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                              These things are awesome flying machines used to fly over
                              our house in the mid 70s after take off from Church Fenton
                              and they could rattle the windows and roof tiles.
                              I think they were hunting submarines in the North Sea,
                              Oh the memories, used to go every year with my dad.

Happy days.

Comment

Working...
                              X