Recall done, Not road worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
    I must of missed that one, can you give me a quick recap.
    It's here, but it's really boring.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30386

Basically, Razorhoof (oh, how I miss him, he was definitely the least intelligent person I have ever encountered) asked a question about putting a guitar speaker (see what I mean) in the boot of his surf, Nero gave him some advice that wasn't quite right, Wishbone corrected him then went off on a bit of a technical tangent, MattF steamed in, Apache made a few points, everyone argued for a bit.

Comment

Why did it take less time for me to strip down, clean, and reassemble a computer than it takes to reinstall the software.

Oh post count up by one more, and topic slanted.
      Because you've done it before, but it's all new to the hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        It's here, but it's really boring.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30386

Basically, Razorhoof (oh, how I miss him, he was definitely the least intelligent person I have ever encountered) asked a question about putting a guitar speaker (see what I mean) in the boot of his surf, Nero gave him some advice that wasn't quite right, Wishbone corrected him then went off on a bit of a technical tangent, MattF steamed in, Apache made a few points, everyone argued for a bit.

Matt tends to slither or stomp, never steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Adj. 1. self-proclaimed - proclaimed to be or described as such by oneself, without endorsement by others.

I am not self-proclaimed as you state.
          Never seen anyone else mention you are a mechanic. However I will apologise and withdraw that remark as I cannot find the threads re: brakes etc that I was alluding to....

Where's your oar btw ?

Rob.

Comment

I must of missed that one, can you give me a quick recap.
            I missed that one too...

And yes, I agree, this thread is really boring. It was the last few dozen times it came up too...
            Last edited by Apache; 12 February 2009, 08:37.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

there was no deer hurt in this thread
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                Never seen anyone else mention you are a mechanic. However I will apologise and withdraw that remark as I cannot find the threads re: brakes etc that I was alluding to....
                You don't have to see anyone else mention it, I'd only be self-proclaimed if I wasn't actually qualified.

And you don't have to find any of my posts, everyone on here, yourself included, knows how I feel about amateurs or inept professionals working on brakes and suspension.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                  Is that 'nip it up' with a socket or 'smack it up' with a chisel ? - I had to tighten my off side bearing for my MOT and the nut looked like it had never been touched by a socket. It was in a right sorry state. Will be replacing all front bearings and nuts this summer...

Rob.
                  What does it matter? As long as its done up to the correct spec, i don't care if its done with socket, hammer n' chiesel or teeth. Some people won't to go to the expence got a 54mm socket, just to use it once.

You can check tightness with a spring balence on a wheel lug, thats why i like old toyota trucks, there is alwaysa way of putting them back together without special expensive tools.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Matt tends to slither or stomp, never steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      You don't have to see anyone else mention it, I'd only be self-proclaimed if I wasn't actually qualified.

And you don't have to find any of my posts, everyone on here, yourself included, knows how I feel about amateurs or inept professionals working on brakes and suspension.
                      Ametuers, my brakes work fine!!!!!!!!! and am a begginer. My front shocks are fine, that was the first thing i ever done to the surf, they still fine too. I must admit, i half know what am doing and always have my phone handy just incase, one thing i would never do is put them back together half heartedly though. Everyone gotta start somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                        Ametuers, my brakes work fine!!!!!!!!! and am a begginer. My front shocks are fine, that was the first thing i ever done to the surf, they still fine too. I must admit, i half know what am doing and always have my phone handy just incase, one thing i would never do is put them back together half heartedly though. Everyone gotta start somewhere
                        Nae doubt they do, doesn't mean you did them right though. There's no point in arguing with me on this, you'll never change my opinion. Amateurs and inept professionals should stay away from critical components.

If repairing vehicles was so easy, there wouldn't be a 5 year apprenticeship to learn how to do it.
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Nae doubt they do, doesn't mean you did them right though. There's no point in arguing with me on this, you'll never change my opinion. Amateurs and inept professionals should stay away from critical components.

If repairing vehicles was so easy, there wouldn't be a 5 year apprenticeship to learn how to do it.
                          I know a wont change your opinion, i just knew i would get a debatable reply from u, i think its funny LOL im sitting bored in hoose so gotta do summit

Comment

With respect, thats to learn everything abuot a car, not to maintain your brakes on your truck. Better people have an understanding of what going down there, so if you get issues you know whats going on and how that they work.

I do know what you saying to a degree, but you are generalising everyone as being numpty, and deserved to argued with IMHO.

Its really not that hard to change a set of pads on a surf, 10 mins with a haynes manual is perfectly adequate.

If you don't trust someone to do that, how do you trust them to be able to drive properly? thats much harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                              I don't really agree with that... I believe that with the roll bars installed the surf will lose traction on the inside rear wheel and start to slide, whereas without the roll bar the body will lurch to the outside of the corner and pull the truck over. Obviously at very extreme situations. I think the car with arb's will be sliding at the point that the no arb truck will be flipping...

Rob.
                              You swerve hard with the A.R.B's on or off and you are most likely going to flip the vehicle. Driving like a tw@t on a country lane, (or anywhere, which is what this discussion really boils down to), will most likely kill you regardless. Seriously gets on my tits this discussion. A dangerous driver is a dangerous driver, period. A damned Transit is far harder to drive at speed than a Surf in any form. Are they suddenly to be classed as unsafe deathtraps? Not driving like pricks and within your actual limits, (rather than your imagined spectacular ones), saves lives, nothing more.

Comment

• Didn't the brand new Hilux pickup fail the elk test? What chance has any older Surf (or any 90's SUV) got with much more weight higher up than a pickup?

Drive to the car your driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X