Recall done, Not road worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I've not really stuck my oar in yet, could do for a laugh if you like?
    Yeah, or should we wait 'till Apache comes in from the pub tomorrow evening?

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      The thing is, I don't really care if anyone has arb's or not.... I'm not trying to insult people who remove their roll bars. I was just saying that the LR crash made me think of the roll bar removal topic and state that I'll be keeping mine.

You've said it will make no difference in an emergency avoidance situation. I've disagreed - fair enough whatever...

However in my search on roll bars tonight I've seen loads of threads saying you need to drive differently if you remove the front arb... Also loads saying 'if you drive like you haven't removed the roll bars when you have expect trouble' or words to that effect.. Your choice not mine..

Rob.
      S'ok Rob, chill. I/we/some of us agree with you, but this thread is going 'round in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        I've not really stuck my oar in yet, could do for a laugh if you like?
        You're a self proclaimed mechanic expert - go for it Please

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          I agree with nero279....
          don't do that, in a sense i'm playing devils advocate, I do believe most of what i'm saying though. The point i'm trying to get across is exactly what you picked up though.

The biggest single component that's going to help you out here is the condition (and quality) of the actual suspension components, they're what's going to keep the tyres on the ground and in line under the truck (hopefully), next the loading of the truck whether everythings stowed securely etc, or if there's suddenly going to be 4 bags of sand shifting about in the back of the truck, or a load move on the roof rack, then you're tyres, i.e) your contact point with the road,etc...

....and so on....

...somewhere way down the list is whether you've got ARBs fitted or not.

The other point to make is that a truck with the ARBs removed is allmost certainly going to have other mods too. IE, quite possibly suspension, tyres, body lift
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

And don't forget to keep your tyres pumped up.

Comment

You're a self proclaimed mechanic expert - go for it Please

Rob.
              I'm not self proclaimed, I'm a mechanic to trade and I've never professed to be an expert at anything.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Yeah, or should we wait 'till Apache comes in from the pub tomorrow evening?
                Second thoughts, I'll just leave it. It's more fun on the outside looking in.

Comment

I posted an afterthought but deleted it as it messed up the flow of the thread...(stating that the post wasn't as sarcastic as it looked)

You have stated on several occasions that you are a trained mechanic (thinking back to the 'working on brakes type threads' )

Therefore you are 'self proclaimed' as I stated.

Anyways I'm more interested in your oar....

No malice was intended.

Rob.

Comment

Let's do electrostatic speakers again for when Apache gets here. That was fun.

Comment

You have stated on several occasions that you are a trained mechanic (thinking back to the 'working on brakes type threads' )

Therefore you are 'self proclaimed' as I stated.
                      Adj. 1. self-proclaimed - proclaimed to be or described as such by oneself, without endorsement by others.

I am not self-proclaimed as you state.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                        Let's do electrostatic speakers again for when Apache gets here. That was fun.
                        I must of missed that one, can you give me a quick recap.
                        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I must be bored, only seven contributors to this thread have a lower post count than me.

Cant Get Right, is your truck really unroad worthy?

Why has my virus software that I'm installing on my second computer suddenly decided that instead of 2minutes left it now has 20.
                          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Why did it take less time for me to strip down, clean, and reassemble a computer than it takes to reinstall the software.

Oh post count up by one more, and topic slanted.
                            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                              I must be bored, only seven contributors to this thread have a lower post count than me.

Cant Get Right, is your truck really unroad worthy?

Why has my virus software that I'm installing on my second computer suddenly decided that instead of 2minutes left it now has 20.
                              It added on the extra time because it wants to read this thread.
                              Anyway, aren't you supposed to be plastering or something?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                It added on the extra time because it wants to read this thread.
                                And then 50% more to try and understand it!

Comment

Working...
                                X