Recall done, Not road worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My trade? I'm not a rocket scientist.

All I'm saying is training does not a good mechanic make (I'm not a mechanic either). Ypu need to have an aptitude to something if you are going to be good at it. Someone who never wanted to be a mechanic, and only did it cos it was all that was open to them, is never going to be any good at it.

Enthusiastic amateurs ,I would suggest, are likely to make a better fist of whatever it is they are turning their hand to than a trained but disinterested professional.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache View Post
      My trade? I'm not a rocket scientist.

All I'm saying is training does not a good mechanic make (I'm not a mechanic either). Ypu need to have an aptitude to something if you are going to be good at it. Someone who never wanted to be a mechanic, and only did it cos it was all that was open to them, is never going to be any good at it.

Enthusiastic amateurs ,I would suggest, are likely to make a better fist of whatever it is they are turning their hand to than a trained but disinterested professional.
      That's better. Seriously though, you do, on occasion, tend to make it sound as if all trades, barring one or two, are easy to grasp. I'd agree on the enthusiastic amateur versus jaded pro part, however.

Comment

My trade? I'm not a rocket scientist.

i can see yr point but....................
        no matter how enthusiastic people are,if they really are clueless it can be dangerous,but i see wot yr getting at,but i also see happy andy's point too,to me it comes down to some people are mechanically minded some definately arent

Comment

• Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          no matter how enthusiastic people are,if they really are clueless it can be dangerous,
          Diligent and methodical may have been a better way of putting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattF View Post
            Diligent and methodical may have been a better way of putting it.
            true but i couldn't spell those lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
              true but i couldn't spell those lmao
              I meant initially, not in your reply.

Comment

It IS easy, it's just the people that turn to it dont have it upstairs to be NASA scientists. Some of the 'professional mechanics' I've seen, it probably takes two years to teach them to tie their shoe laces!

I'm only half kidding too. It's not rocket science, and you dont need to be brilliant to do it. A careful, sensible amateur can be much better / safer than a 'trained professional' knuckledragger
                Thanks for that, certainly put me in my place eh.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

It IS easy, it's just the people that turn to it dont have it upstairs to be NASA scientists. Some of the 'professional mechanics' I've seen, it probably takes two years to teach them to tie their shoe laces!

I'm only half kidding too. It's not rocket science, and you dont need to be brilliant to do it. A careful, sensible amateur can be much better / safer than a 'trained professional' knuckledragger
                  As a matter of interest, what do you mean by "not having it upstairs"?

I assume you mean lack of inteligence, if so, what do you use to classify intelligence?

If not, what do you use to measure what "not having it upstairs" is?

If it's IQ, what is yours?
                  Last edited by Albannach; 12 February 2009, 23:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post

I assume you mean lack of inteligence, if so, what do you use to classify inyeligence?

153 me..........but i cant remember what day of the week it is most of the time.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I assume you mean lack of inteligence, if so, what do you use to classify inyeligence?

usually i go by their spelling of the word "inteligence"
                      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                        usually i go by their spelling of the word "inteligence"
                        Good for you, mr ####in perfect.

Comment

Good for you, mr ####in perfect.
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            153 me..........but i cant remember what day of the week it is most of the time.
                            Impressive, way higher than mine.

Comment

• [QUOTE=blackpoolsparks;528764]usually i go by their spelling of the word "inteligence" [/QUOTE

]

ahem intelligence
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

• 15 PAGES!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X