• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
    Mines the F.C.U.K.E.D Limited edition
    Mine's just F UCKED.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
      I'm happy for you i really am, but to make my point i'll stick to what i know, having just looked at the ebay ad, it's a clifford alarm, so yes it is a good one. But seen as it's got a red LED, it's quite an old one. Probably a concept 500, with additional remote start and headlight auto activation modules.

It's replacement, 5 generations on is the concept 650 mkII, which retails at £350 fitted, cliffords price for the intellistart module is £230 fitted, most independents would do both for under £500.

did you know the 450s that outdated it's been removed from thatchams insurance approval lists?
      God you nerd!

Come on! Its a £1000 alarm - on a vehicle which is worth - well - about £1000

Comment

I just bought a job lot of over 100 Victorian watercolours and prints on ebay.

Just thought I'd throw that into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          God you nerd!
          That was a bit worrying wasn't it.

Comment

Come to think of it, mine's a Clifford. That makes mine worth £7000 now!

WOOHOO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              That was a bit worrying wasn't it.
              Indeed it was. However, I've had a few moments when I've said too much at work lately. I work with other EMC engineers, and I kind of expected them to be into antenna theory and communications receivers too...

Comment

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

What you laughing at???

Wanna buy some foreskin stickers?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    now now mr T lol

Comment

Indeed it was. However, I've had a few moments when I've said too much at work lately. I work with other EMC engineers, and I kind of expected them to be into antenna theory and communications receivers too...
                      I think I could bear that (not necessarily understand but bear it) My flat mate is a quantity surveyor and when hes had a few can sometimes get very.... precise about describing at length how many bricks of a certain dimension, composiation and price have gone into building a particular wall in a build he's working on. This can go on for hours with further extrapolations of what weight the wall will be, the myriad of other options that were available and what foundations will be needed etc etc.
                      I can have a line of drool hanging from my limply hanging bottom lip and a large pool forming at the end of it and still he carries on.

Comment

mine was a laserline, took about 3 minutes to remove. You'd be surprised how shite some installations are, i got an insurance approval certificate sitting here for mine, when i removed it all the cuts were within about 3" of each other, not all the joins were even soldered, some were just twisted together and taped up. It's worrying, but not uncommon. I've seen entire alarm systems with no solder in sight, installed entirely using scotchloks, ring terminals, and insulating tape.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Paul, he's an engineer - britain needs engineers. You need to nurture him, or maybe neuter him - not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                            mine was a laserline, took about 3 minutes to remove. You'd be surprised how shite some installations are, i got an insurance approval certificate sitting here for mine, when i removed it all the cuts were within about 3" of each other, not all the joins were even soldered, some were just twisted together and taped up. It's worrying, but not uncommon. I've seen entire alarm systems with no solder in sight, installed entirely using scotchloks, ring terminals, and insulating tape.
                            Mine's soldered in properly. Maybe because I explained to the guy what I do, and then stood over him while he did it.

Comment

Paul, he's an engineer - britain needs engineers. You need to nurture him, or maybe neuter him - not sure.
                              Pfffff.. engineers make things. He counts and costs things that other people could potentially make

However well done for going all Lord Kitchener on us

on a different note why is this smiley always hiding?? Its my favourite one!

Comment

Mine's soldered in properly. Maybe because I explained to the guy what I do, and then stood over him while he did it.
                                I would too if i ever paid anyone to install an alarm for me, though chances are my mate would sit an watch me do it whilst having a cup of tea to make sure i done it all right and properly before signing the insurance certificate. I get the alarm cheap he sits and drinks tea for the day then gets a couple of hours of pool and a few drinks.
                                =========
                                =SOLD UP!=
                                =========

Comment

Working...
                                X