Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    You having 's' isues too?

Ah yes, thats the um continental spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Ah yes, thats the um continental spelling.
      Should have said it was the American version...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I do believe that the american version would be "godamm responc(s)e"
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

thought here in the uk we have problems
          not 's' isues
          thats so usa like
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Sparks count the stickers on that truck you owe me 1.5k
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              You having 's' isues too?
              Mate, you're letting the side down. Correcting someones English whilst spelling issues -> isues.

Comment

that's the jack wolfskin version of spelling issues. saves on weight - allows the word to be spoken even faster. you are the tonyN of spelling you ginger dildo!
                i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
                  that's the jack wolfskin version of spelling issues. saves on weight - allows the word to be spoken even faster. you are the tonyN of spelling you ginger dildo!
                  Alarmingly, the wink smiley at the end of that makes it seem less like abuse and more like a come-on

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                    Alarmingly, the wink smiley at the end of that makes it seem less like abuse and more like a come-on
                    Ginger beer
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

• There is something about this whole saga that I don’t understand. Maybe it’s down to my twisted logic.

I signed up to this forum over 2 years ago and nobody could have escaped the fact that I have one of the relatively rare V6 petrol SSR-G Surfs (and I know I even irritate some people). I have also stated how much I like cruise control and the Recaro seats......

and as an owner of a 1991 Limited Edition (166 of 250) Mazda MX5, one of my first posts / questions after introducing myself on various MX5 websites was who else might have one of these rare LE’s....

so following the same logic..... why have we not heard about the rare Jack Wolfskin Surfs before now? If a member here owned one (even someone with very low post count) and knew it was rare, why have they never shared information about this very rare and interesting find? I for one would have been really interested to hear about the Jack Wolfskin Surf.
                      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

• Originally posted by PDR View Post
                        There is something about this whole saga that I don’t understand. Maybe it’s down to my twisted logic.

I signed up to this forum over 2 years ago and nobody could have escaped the fact that I have one of the relatively rare V6 petrol SSR-G Surfs (and I know I even irritate some people). I have also stated how much I like cruise control and the Recaro seats......

and as an owner of a 1991 Limited Edition (166 of 250) Mazda MX5, one of my first posts / questions after introducing myself on various MX5 websites was who else might have one of these rare LE’s....

so following the same logic..... why have we not heard about the rare Jack Wolfskin Surfs before now? If a member here owned one (even someone with very low post count) and knew it was rare, why have they never shared information about this very rare and interesting find? I for one would have been really interested to hear about the Jack Wolfskin Surf.
                        I was thinking about this last night, I never seen a theme/branded Surf, ever, in all the Surfs I've worked on. There's no end of big Offroad Express, Animal, etc.. stickers been added, but never seen a special edition Surf, or 'Cruiser or anything come to think of it that actually has some trim that is labeled with a brand. Toyota policy maybe?
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

• OK, I'll bite

Originally posted by Peachperformance View Post
                          "The twin battery configuration is standard on 4 diesel cylinder models with SSR-G trim or with the winter pack, they may optionally be fitted on other models, the remainders have a conventional single battery system"

Hands up anyone with a 3.0 with only one battery. Nope, no-one. As Tony said, with all respect to Morr's excellent site, twin batteries is not the same as winter pack. Some of the early 2.4s had a single battery, but I've not heard of any others.

Oh my, now we really are emabarrissing one's self. You could only have cruise control on a Hilux surf if it was an auto and then in theory it was only an option on the SSRG. There is another extract about this from the manual below if you'd like to look.

I had cruise on my SSR-X

Door wind deflectors! My word do you really believe they were ever a part of any original spec on a Surf? At best these were a dealer fit option.

Yes, they were standard

and the 80's style Recaros, yet again only available on the SSRG, so you know what you were talking about do you?

Factory option on all models

Why? The SSRG had its own particular styling with the recaro interior. So at the time it had its own appeal in the maket. Manufacturers virtually never base special editions on there very top model? They make special and ltd editions so they can charge more money and to try and grab sales by turning peoples heads with different styling or brand names. Also they sometimes do it because they've got an excess of certain types of parts at the factory when they're getting near the end of a particular model run.

So it's basically an SSR-X Ltd, and has less toys than an SSR_G

A scratch, a stone chip or any number of other things that damaged the paint. What the hell is wrong with you? The reason I made sure it was photo'd in the listing is that I am an honest person and wanted to make sure so there was no surpises for who ever bought the truck.

Rust like that would imply something funny going on, like damage that's been disguised
                          Seriously, no-one's questioning your integrity, we're not saying you ripped the guy off. We're just saying that he's paid more than he needs to and been amused at your slightly over-exuberant description of an SSR-X with a selection of options and a couple of stickers.

Anyway, the point of the red replies above is just to demonstrate that we can keep arguing for ever if you like. It's just people amusing themselves, don't worry about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PDR View Post

Have you got a V6 Paul? I never knew that. I used to have one too you know

Jack Wolfskin is a big brand in Japan, so it is entirely possible that there was a special edition. I think the point is, 'so what?', it's an SSR-X Ltd with a couple of stickers on.

Comment

• Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                              for all you know it might be! i like red heads!

seriously though, i for one can't be ar5ed with trawling the smilie selection screen. if something looks close to a smile in the right hand smilie box where we type our replies then i'll use it. just sheer laziness. i'd much rather spend my time writing long jokes!

(see, i don't even like the green smilie - but it's convenient - like eating bogeys is convenient, saves getting up and getting a tissue!)
                              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                                Have you got a V6 Paul? I never knew that. I used to have one too you know

Jack Wolfskin is a big brand in Japan, so it is entirely possible that there was a special edition. I think the point is, 'so what?', it's an SSR-X Ltd with a couple of stickers on.
                                Maybe Jack Wolfskin is a previous owner.

Comment

Working...
                                X