Between a rock and a hard place..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between a rock and a hard place..

With the training programs im now on im going to be spending a few months going in and out of Southampton every other day..

The Surf is fecking killing me...

1)It wont go in a multi storey so i've got to park a million miles away that charges a bl**dy fortune. The rates will be going up soon as Ikea will be opening next to it.

2)the pathetic MPG is costing me a fortune

Basically.. Im not sure i can justify it!

Public transport is almost as expensive an due to being on there time schedule i'll be wasting at least an hour an a half. Which is time i would prefer to spend with my head in a book or on the pc getting geared up.

I hate to say it... But for my own benefit i might have to march it on earlier then i'd hoped.

I've got a couple of options to check out first... but it might be the end of my 'surfing' days soon!!

The truck was never built for cruising around a city in. When i finished it i had no need for it for city driving. The odd occasion here an there but it was mostly just pottering around the countryside on weekends.

An going to the pub in the evenings!

Fingers crossed i can sort something out...

Time to start getting friendly with chip shops and resturants in your area for thier used veg oil and filter it your self for free fuel methinks.

What am I saying, you're probably on first names terms with most of them already.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Time to start getting friendly with chip shops and resturants in your area for thier used veg oil and filter it your self for free fuel methinks.

What am I saying, you're probably on first names terms with most of them already.
      Oi!!

G1t.

Dont normally go for ole fish an chips much.

Anyway, Its an idea!

I'm hoping my mum might let me get insured on her car. That would sort all my issues...

Now a lorrys smashed into the damn thing its taken some of the umm 'newness' away from it!!

Comment

sell it rod...............heres the web addres of your "next" forum

www.gayboycheapcarstorun.com
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Ride a bike, ya lazy fat shit

If you can't face that, scooter it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            Ride a bike, ya lazy fat shit

If you can't face that, scooter it.
            say what you mean ...get off the fence.

in his defence, it is quite a long way from romsey to the centre of southampton,if you dont use a bit of motorway......but it would get them wobbly jowls thinned down !!

edit: forgot....riding a treader in the wind..............might just dislodge that slug on your chin
            Last edited by gwh200; 26 January 2009, 13:13.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              say what you mean ...get off the fence.

in his defence, it is quite a long way from romsey to the centre of southampton,if you dont use a bit of motorway......but it would get them wobbly jowls thinned down !!
              Well these youngsters are too young to remember Norman 'get on ya bike' Tebbitt. Someone has to tell them.

8.7 miles avoiding motorways. Should take less than an hour and earn him his vile meatball sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                edit: forgot....riding a treader in the wind..............might just dislodge that slug on your chin

Comment

sh!tbags.

I can't even ride a bike, I have serious balance issues with them damn things!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

sh!tbags.

Here you go, wobble chops. You should be able to stay on this one and it's got electric assist so you can tuck in to all those subs you've got in the little basket whilst you're going along.

Comment

sh!tbags.

You can't ride a bike.
                      http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9UMedd03JCA
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                        Nope. Manage about 10ft an then its all over.

I think its something to do with my inner ear. But either way its sh!t.

Comment

Naked ladies can

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2CTPLUcQAjk
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Nope. Manage about 10ft an then its all over.

I think its something to do with my inner ear. But either way its sh!t.

Why not SORN the Surf and then get yourself a cheap small car to drive whilst you're doing the training. That way you could probably move it on for about the same as you pay for it, therefore only really costing you the fuel for the daily commute. Even better if you could pick up an old diesel that will run on WVO.
                            Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman View Post
                              Why not SORN the Surf and then get yourself a cheap small car to drive whilst you're doing the training. That way you could probably move it on for about the same as you pay for it, therefore only really costing you the fuel for the daily commute. Even better if you could pick up an old diesel that will run on WVO.
                              That is one option i might look into.

My mate is a car salesman so he's always getting cheap cars come up. s reg fiesta for £300 with MOT an Tax was one of the more recent finds!

If i can sort out storing the surf it might well be the route i go for.

Comment

Working...
                              X