Tyres And Wheels My Brain Hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres And Wheels My Brain Hurts

I have been searching the web for days trying to locate a good deal on a set of 33" tyres and rims. My brain is now fried and my eyes are bleeding.

Muds, AT's, 80% off road - 20% on, Creepers, Bearclaws, Venturers, Mickey Thompsons, Maxxis........................ .....the list is never ending.

I do about 90% on road 10% off, I think I really need AT's but naturally MT's look much more aggressive.

I'm leaning towards Maxxis as they might fit the bill. Still trying to find someone who is selling second hand but it's like trying to find rocking horse poo!

No doubt when I finally bite the bullet and buy new I'll get an email the next day asking if I'm still after 33" tyres and rims!

C'est La Vie!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I used silverline for a package.

they look shweeeeeet.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      I used silverline for a package.

they look shweeeeeet.
      How much were they mate? I can collect them as they are only down the road for me - and I'm thinking of getting some 33" muds.....
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

General Grabber AT2. The only tyre you'll need. Good price, great off-road, quite on-road, lasts ages.

Order from Roughtrax.

Comment

£480 for wheels and tyres, 15x10 black mods. balanced and delivered.
          Alan

Comment

as vince said the AT2's are very very good, I had them before I went for MT's.
            Alan

Comment

Yep, read your review Alan. Like I said, I've done a LOT of searching. I saw that you paid £580 for them if I remember correctly, that seems a good price I must agree.

I'm having the 2" body lift done this month sometime, that's on top of the 2" suspension lift I already have, hence the need for 33's a.s.a.p.

EDIT: Just read your other post Alan £480 sounds even better!!!!
              Last edited by Scorpion; 7 October 2008, 21:46.

Comment

typo, oops, aye 580.
                Alan

Comment

if you want 33 maxxis, i'm pretty sure apache was selling his mudzillars

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    General Grabber AT2. The only tyre you'll need. Good price, great off-road, quite on-road, lasts ages.

Order from Roughtrax.
                    Only showing these in the Roughtrax 15" tyre section at the moment Vince.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=562

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                      if you want 33 maxxis, i'm pretty sure apache was selling his mudzillars
                      Mudzillas! To gnarly for my needs mate. I thought Andy sold them ages ago?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x-Landrover-J...d=p3286.c0.m14

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                          Mudzillas! To gnarly for my needs mate. I thought Andy sold them ages ago?
                          don't know if he did, as i never heard that he had

Comment

Surely if it's for 90% tarmac then MT's are hardly appropriate ?

If you're doing any sort of mileage they'll be destroyed pretty quickly and the braking performance on tarmac is significantly worse

I'm looking at new rubber myself and I've come down in favour of GG AT2's - just vascillating over whether to go for 265/70/16 or 265/75/16

PS
                            It's only taken me 4 years and 5 months to hit one thousand posts !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

PS
                              It's only taken me 4 years and 5 months to hit one thousand posts !

[/QUOTE]

CONGRATULATIONS MATE
                              Do you get some sort of a prize cos if you do i best get some posting done.
                              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X