Comment

Bugga!

Comment

=========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Surely if it's for 90% tarmac then MT's are hardly appropriate ?

If you're doing any sort of mileage they'll be destroyed pretty quickly and the braking performance on tarmac is significantly worse

I'm looking at new rubber myself and I've come down in favour of GG AT2's - just vascillating over whether to go for 265/70/16 or 265/75/16

PS
            It's only taken me 4 years and 5 months to hit one thousand posts !

Thats true mate, but I did say I really needed the AT's but the MT's looked more aggressive.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Just get some of these and a sticker from Apache that says "I've got big balls"

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40304

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                Thats true mate, but I did say I really needed the AT's but the MT's looked more aggressive.
                What do you want? A truck thats nice to drive, and appropriate for your use? Or something to impress schoolchildren that is noisy, handles like a bag-o-shite and wears its tyres too quickly?

If its the former, buy ATs, if its the latter (OR you are planning on offroading a lot) buy the MTs.

I've got BFG ATs, and a set of BFG mud pattern clones that are on at the mo after the weekend in Wales cos I haven't had a chance to swap them back yet. The truck is MUCH nicer on the BFGs, but the others are on cos I didn't want to shred my ATs on happy Valley's loose slate and rock. On the road though, they can't come off quick enough!

<edit>

Having read ian's post below, obviously if you dont do many miles (like Vince's 300 miles a year ) then just pick whatever you fancy really. For longer journeys, I'll go with ATs every time.

A good AT will take you through nearly anything you'll find when greenlaning in the UK. It might not look as cool, but you're beyond that aren't you?
                Last edited by Apache; 8 October 2008, 16:56.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

You aint the only one Jim, been looking as well, and do like the ones Alan has on, so how much without the rims? thinking about 33's, only have a 2" body lift but thinking of just beating the $hit out of whatever they foul on and hikeing the bars a bit, like the meaty balloon'y look tho, road noise and mileage aint a prob as it's naffing noisy already and i dont do a lot of mileage
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    What do you want? A truck thats nice to drive, and appropriate for your use? Or something to impress schoolchildren that is noisy, handles like a bag-o-shite and wears its tyres too quickly?

If its the former, buy ATs, if its the latter (OR you are planning on offroading a lot) buy the MTs.

I've got BFG ATs, and a set of BFG mud pattern clones that are on at the mo after the weekend in Wales cos I haven't had a chance to swap them back yet. The truck is MUCH nicer on the BFGs, but the others are on cos I didn't want to shred my ATs on happy Valley's loose slate and rock. On the road though, they can't come off quick enough!

<edit>

Having read ian's post below, obviously if you dont do many miles (like Vince's 300 miles a year ) then just pick whatever you fancy really. For longer journeys, I'll go with ATs every time.

A good AT will take you through nearly anything you'll find when greenlaning in the UK. It might not look as cool, but you're beyond that aren't you?
                    I take it that that is a rhetorical question Andy?

Sorry, I thought I had made it obvious with my two references that said I really need AT's.

I only said I liked the aggressive look of MT's, but with my limited off road use it would be pointless having them.

My post in the wanted section originally asked for AT's but I did say I would accept MT's if they weren't to gnarly (or words to that effect). That post has now been edited to AT's only.
                    Last edited by Scorpion; 8 October 2008, 17:15.

Comment

Well! dont i feel a complete @rsehole then, perhaps i should get a nice set of crossplys and stop impressing the kids round here, and there was me thinking i did it cos i liked it
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                        Well! dont i feel a complete @rsehole then, perhaps i should get a nice set of crossplys and stop impressing the kids round here, and there was me thinking i did it cos i liked it
                        i think ushould get massive nobblys lol apache will have heart failure lol

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          Well, grow up yer big kid!!

MTs are a very wrong choice for me cos I do clock up the miles, and I bought the Mudzillas mainly for looks (yep, me too) but they were really really horrible on the road, and after every 150 mile trip I hated the truck.

However, the BFGs have rekindled my love for my truck, and unless I was going somewhere I thought inappropriate for the ATs, or somewhere that might damage them seriously, they'll be on the truck.

Personal choice. If I was only doing a few miles a week, I would probably have left the muds on. The BFGs look just as cool IMHO though.

BFG AT's

Mudzillas

Kumho's (my old AND current muds)

Comment

BFG's from Camskill £144 each, then I'd need the rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta be close to £800 all in. Sorry but I ain't prepared to spend that kind of money. Got a budget of around £500 ish, so it looks like BFG's etc are way out of my league.

I do intend to do a bit more off roading, every other weekend in fact, so may buy muds and rims for that and keep my current AT's for road use. They're 31" BFG's so won't look too bad after the lift.

I guess my best bet is to comprimise. £800, I feel qute faint!

Comment

Thats what I do. I have cheap muds on a second set of rims.

Bit of a faff changing them over - bit easier with an impact wrench - but it means you dont need to be to worried about knackering one on a rock.

I have Insa Turbo Dakars, which seem to have bags of traction, and are cheap as chips. They're remoulds, but as I only use them for laning, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                                BFG's from Camskill £144 each, then I'd need the rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta be close to £800 all in. Sorry but I ain't prepared to spend that kind of money. Got a budget of around £500 ish, so it looks like BFG's etc are way out of my league.

I do intend to do a bit more off roading, every other weekend in fact, so may buy muds and rims for that and keep my current AT's for road use. They're 31" BFG's so won't look too bad after the lift.

I guess my best bet is to comprimise. £800, I feel qute faint!
                                i got 3 sets of wheels here for sale.1 set i'll sell for about £70 for the 4 as they need a little tidy up but not much.See my parts for sale thread to see them
                                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                                X