yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to spark the biggest discussion of them all..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
    Good to meet you and Debs too, hope you're feeling better, I'm still tired after all that driving, The Wales runs can be quite physically demanding.
    Lol yeh but it is good....
    Thanks.... mate...
    I will be fine....
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Yoshie's right ya don't need a Poll ...
      6 n half years in a manual n after 6 months n Drumclog, proved I had made the right decision....gotta be Auto Toby !!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya won't never ever see it Comin tho !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Doesn't matter a monkeys which you choose. If your abilities are limited by the type of gearbox you use, you need to be considering more than the gearbox. Just pick whichever rocks your boat.

Comment

Manual you get slightly more mpg
          Offroading never driving an auto always a manual, but having seen many auto's off roading dont thinks theres a lot in it. As said already any runaway
          auto's down a hill are not being used correctly.

Its all down to your personal preference.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Do you like Riverdance?

Do you like performing Riverdance?

If the answer to the top two questions is yes, then keep the manual......

If you prefer to let the car do it instead - then get an auto.....
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I’m very happy with the auto box in my Surf and it does make driving a lot easier especially in town. If you have ever been stuck in crawling traffic in either of the Mersey Tunnels with a manual gearbox you will know how tiring it can be when you only move a few feet at time and it is up-hill for half the length so you either have to use your handbrake or dance with the pedals so as not to roll backwards........ in those situations an Auto is brilliant. When it comes to off road driving there is enough to think about without having to play with a gearstick and pedals and I’d say it is possibly safer too.

I do own a manual, the MX5 is a 5-speed and my Dad’s Rav-4 is manual which I also drive.
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                Do you like Riverdance?

Do you like performing Riverdance?

If the answer to the top two questions is yes, then keep the manual......

If you prefer to let the car do it instead - then get an auto.....
                If you like performing riverdance, you have no arms and require an auto, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                  If you like performing riverdance, you have no arms and require an auto, surely?
                  Hmmmmm - Riverdance, with a bit of swing, but only with the left arm?
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    its no secret one is looking for a land cruiser.....but it HAS to be auto, its so much easier offroad,and as apache says, if you se an out of control auto,the driver is not aware how to use the box properly.
                    Why are you still looking, theres plenty around. Anything specific in mind ? You never know what your personal shopper might find. I was looking myself for a while ( I got caught up in LC euphoria after lovely boyo got his) and saw some fine looking well specced examples around.

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

well then thanks everyone for the replies...

I do prefer a manual but I have never driven an Auto off-road..

Seen as why I had to cut the Wales run short I am going to bite the bullet and get myself a 3ltr auto....
                      (or maybe a bigger engine.... 4.2TD maybe..)

I mean if I don't like it I can always buy a manual...

But judging from the replies I will probably love it....

So thanks everyone and I am going to be on the lookout for a auto truck bargain......
                      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Working...
                      X