yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to spark the biggest discussion of them all..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to spark the biggest discussion of them all..

Well then....

Automatic or Manual...??

I have always believed that an Automatic would not be the way to do it off-road..
    I have had many auto cars and they where great... but a truck.... always had a manual..
    I understand that whoever drives manual will tell me that is best and whoever drives auto that they are best...

But I want a real good reason to keep driving an manual other than the fuel economy..

See I really always thought that a manual is the only way to do it but after this weekend.. I am not sure any more....

See I always thought that for example going down a big hill a manual would be a big advantage but then again u can put the auto in 1st or second too....
    same with up a steep hill or through a big mud puddle...
    (put it in second and lash it.... :-) )

But after seeing the auto's perform great this weekend I am not sure if it's worth the hassle of driving a manual....

What do u all think is an Auto just as capable?
    is it better?
    should I keep driving a Manual....
    And have my shoulders locked up from all the gear shifting...

Or is it time for me to move on and get an automatic truck....

So can u all please tell me the pro's and con's of manual and automatic trucks....
    One day at the time I guess..

toby...just get an auto and save all the aches...always on the torque,big hill descents put it in L .....you jnow it makes sense..
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      toby...just get an auto and save all the aches...always on the torque,big hill descents put it in L .....you jnow it makes sense..
      yes but Gra I went up that steep hill....

Comment

Stick to a manual,
        Reason, av noticed on a lot of autos that the engine braking aint as good going down a steep hill,seen a few bouncy bouncy moments at drumclog with folk wi auto surfs.Manual up hills Low 2 and u will take anything on, also low 2 going through mud. Never had a problem,well not many LOL

Comment

have you driven an auto surf in low ratio ??

and have you gone down a hill in low ratio ??

methinks you aint driven an auto.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
            av noticed on a lot of autos that the engine braking aint as good going down a steep hill,seen a few bouncy bouncy moments at drumclog with folk wi auto surfs.
            Only by people who dont know how to use the autobox properly. L4 and L or 2 will take you safely down any offroad hill you can think of, L or 2 on the normal box will take you down anything on tarmac - all with minimal use of the brake.

People you see bouncing down hills out of control burning the brakes up are muppets, plain and simple.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

had a manual 2.4 was good till it ment Mr chaos then the clutch went in the middle of the plain lol. but all in all it was good. but........

........now i have an auto 3l and i find it so much easier off roading as you don't need to be thinking about what gear your in ect

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                Stick to a manual,
                Reason, av noticed on a lot of autos that the engine braking aint as good going down a steep hill,seen a few bouncy bouncy moments at drumclog with folk wi auto surfs.Manual up hills Low 2 and u will take anything on, also low 2 going through mud. Never had a problem,well not many LOL
                I bounce in manual....

have you driven an auto surf in low ratio ??

and have you gone down a hill in low ratio ??

methinks you aint driven an auto.
                methinks u might be right....
                So u recommend and Auto any day then....??

Comment

People you see bouncing down hills out of control burning the brakes up are muppets, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

Kerrsurf and Yoshie are Muppets then
                  Am so gonna pay for that now.
                  Nope never driven an auto surf, Driven an auto 1.2 Micra though
                  OK Al rephrase, i have never had a prob with MY Manual

Comment

its no secret one is looking for a land cruiser.....but it HAS to be auto, its so much easier offroad,and as apache says, if you se an out of control auto,the driver is not aware how to use the box properly.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

mr bio has a manual and he had a big bit of bouncing on saturday.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

its no secret one is looking for a land cruiser.....but it HAS to be auto, its so much easier offroad,and as apache says, if you se an out of control auto,the driver is not aware how to use the box properly.
                        Never said out of control, but scarier than i would recomend.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          Only by people who dont know how to use the autobox properly. L4 and L or 2 will take you safely down any offroad hill you can think of, L or 2 on the normal box will take you down anything on tarmac - all with minimal use of the brake.

People you see bouncing down hills out of control burning the brakes up are muppets, plain and simple.
                          makes sense...
                          I mean every truck there this weekend performed just fantastic I think I should drive an auto to feel the difference....
                          But from what I have seen the weekend I can't fault the auto's....

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                          had a manual 2.4 was good till it ment Mr chaos then the clutch went in the middle of the plain lol. but all in all it was good. but........

........now i have an auto 3l and i find it so much easier off roading as you don't need to be thinking about what gear your in ect
                          So u think it's much better then....

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                            mr bio has a manual and he had a big bit of a green cloud hanging round his arse on saturday.
                            no change there then !!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

no change there then !!
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X