Fitted Heat exchanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
    have a check on paddys posts about why vboost is so good0 he mentions it being a specific chemical in its pure state rather than acetone etc.
    Check the chemical and then check which on the shelf (i.e. stuff you get it halfrauds) has the same chemical in its pure state. they have quite a few cetane boosters so one will probably be the same stuff?
    the halfords website has 2 cetane boosters one increases it by 2 points and the millers stuff by 4 points so it looks like millers is better, i may buy some to tide me over just now and use it at double doze then get vegoboost for future.
    2nd Gen 3.0td, running on waste veg oil

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
      i don't see the point of heat exchangers, surely by the time your coolant is hot enough to make any difference, the fuel will be warm anyway??

would an electric pre-heater not be better?
      In a way yes, but unless you have every fuel line etc heated if its cold enough to gel the fuel then even if you have a pre heater there will be somewhere that the fuel wont flow.

In which case you may as well just worry about the temp that the fuel goes through the injectors as its here that if the spray pattern is not fine enough you will get coking and all the other associated probs that can be associated with veg.

As this is what can cause the largest cost if anything goes worng it seems the most important and babalnce against a £50 HE is a bargain anyway let alone the fact that everyones experiences seem to indicate that you can use much higher concentrations of veg with a HE in winter

However I would love the tank, lines and everything else to be heated but rather than doing that you my as well just twin tank and start and finish your journey on diesel (though you can do this on long journeys with a single tank if you are careful about keeping an eye on your fuel levels

Comment

Working...
      X