Fitted Heat exchanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitted Heat exchanger

Just fitted this Heat Exchanger to my 3.0 ltr. Within minutes of starting the Veg is heated, so passes through the filter much easier. This along with some 3 way valves should allow 90-100% Veg all WINTER.
    Last edited by GIRDLES; 19 September 2008, 17:02.

pic doesnt work....
    Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

neat install, good work
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Neat. Would have done this myself, but as diesel is now cheaper than veg oil , think I will save myself the hassle and just fill up at the pumps

Cheers, Nick
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Same as that!! i nearly finished the whole nine yards regarding veg oil when the price shot up (i also got a betamax vcr when they come out, always back the wrong horse me)
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Is that copper pipe I can see?

Comment

Utoh
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

The oil is FREE.
                That sure is COPPER why?

Comment

Never been able to nail down specific info on it so far, but by several accounts, it does tend to have some form of catalytic effect on VO. As to exactly what, or for how long it has to be in contact, that tends to be the grey area bit. It may in all truth be fine, but it's one of those cases where if there is an alternative you can use to copper, it may be worthwhile just as a precautionary measure.

Comment

Read the bit about copper and veg oil in this, UD Trev posted it originally,
                    although i reccon it's more to do with storeing veg in copper than actually passing the stuff through it, besides the research was food grade related i think,

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36706

Comment

Cheers Matt I will look into that.

Comment

i do believe that is only in a closed system matt, (like your central heating). the big problem is the growth of organo phosphorus, but thats why you are supposed to treat your heating coolant.
                        in a fuel system, there would have to be some serious heat and pressure (i know there is but not more than a few bits of a pascal) to begin any form of catalytic effect, and as its an open ended system, it will im sure, be fine,looks like a nice install dude.

(btw copper is good for killing bacteria....so any dodgy bugs in the fuel...they are zapped man)
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          i do believe that is only in a closed system matt, (like your central heating).
                          Could well be. It's one of those things where everything I've seen seems to infer, but never actually proves. That's why I merely make a suggestion rather than a statement on that specific subject.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                            Could well be. It's one of those things where everything I've seen seems to infer, but never actually proves. That's why I merely make a suggestion rather than a statement on that specific subject.
                            well copper is a funny metal.if you make copper doorhandles you can reduce mrsa in hospitals (our local dgh did this) and funnily enough not enough copper in a sheeps diet will kill it !!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              well copper is a funny metal.if you make copper doorhandles you can reduce mrsa in hospitals (our local dgh did this) and funnily enough not enough copper in a sheeps diet will kill it !!
                              Often wondered if those copper bracelets work! i got a copper wrist chain but it went a manky colour,
                              as for the trucks application i should'nt think it'll bugger a tank of veg by haveing some copper tube in the line

Comment

Working...
                              X