No announcement yet.

Car Taxation Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This all seems quite rediculous, i have a 1965 Chevy that was imported 2 years ago. This qualifies for historic tax and i pay no tax for this vehicle. How is it that they see it fit to charge these over inflated rates to others who have imported vehicles that aren't as old, but, were imported just like my Chevy at the same kind of time?
    Makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
      How come mine was £210 which is meant to be the standard rate for older cars??
      No idea why it was that but it was actuall £192.50
      Reference Number: 1077 0128 3357 4032
      Application made on: 09/03/2010 21:46:58
      Tax Disc Period: 12 months
      Tax Disc Duty: Ł192.50
      maybe i was lucky
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Well the rates must have just gone up again ? just gone out to look at mine and I paid £190 at the end of february 12 months tax
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          No idea why it was that but it was actuall £192.50
          Reference Number: 1077 0128 3357 4032
          Application made on: 09/03/2010 21:46:58
          Tax Disc Period: 12 months
          Tax Disc Duty: Ł192.50
          maybe i was lucky

My mistake it was £190, it was my patrol that is £210
          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gpz1100 View Post
            The tax on my Surf runs out the 31st March and just got the Renewal Reminder. Six months £222.75, 12 months £405.00. After reading the above posts i checked the DirectGov website and yes from the 1st April my Surf moves to Band K at £ 245. Now the reminder tells me my tax disc runs out on 31/03/2010 . I then notice a printed "Warning" THE RATE SHOWN WAS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF PRINTING.HOWEVER A DIFFERENT RATE MAY BE PAYABLE DEPENDING ON WHEN LICENCE IS PURCHASED.!
            I think i'll be an April Fool and tax my Surf on April 1st and hopefully save £160. I say hopefully because from experience of DVLA its never that easy!!
            What year is you Surf mate? I thought most were too old to fall into the uprated tax rates.

Spoggle

Comment

The tax on my Surf runs out the 31st March and just got the Renewal Reminder. Six months £222.75, 12 months £405.00. After reading the above posts i checked the DirectGov website and yes from the 1st April my Surf moves to Band K at £ 245. Now the reminder tells me my tax disc runs out on 31/03/2010 . I then notice a printed "Warning" THE RATE SHOWN WAS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF PRINTING.HOWEVER A DIFFERENT RATE MAY BE PAYABLE DEPENDING ON WHEN LICENCE IS PURCHASED.!
              I think i'll be an April Fool and tax my Surf on April 1st and hopefully save £160. I say hopefully because from experience of DVLA its never that easy!!
              what year is it the higher band applies to mk3 mainly i think taxed mine start march it was £225 for 6 months
              i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Comment

Sorry, but this is still winding me up,
                If you emigrate to another country at the age of 20 in 2002, that doesn't magically make you 8 years old today does it!?
                Surely this can be used as an example to get those dumbass pen pushers to understand the situation?

Comment

This would be so much more helpful to others if we new how old your surf is!

Fill in your profile details.

Comment

£190 at the beginning of this month for ours.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      This would be so much more helpful to others if we new how old your surf is!

Fill in your profile details.
                      Its 1998. Imported 2008

Bogus
                      Сви можемо

Comment

Hi All, My Surf is a 3 gen 1st Reg in Japan in May 1998. Imported into UK March 2008 and Reg in UK mid march 2008 ,when i bought it.The first 6 months Tax was included in the payment for the car. I paid £400 tax the first year after. If youve got the time to read all the long saga so far you will see why i then only taxed it for 6 months due to the imminent changes.

I think its important that people know the tax issues with recently imported surfs and other imports. I have been well happy with my Surf but feel ripped off over the tax issues. It is i feel wrong that the rules are so vague and almost secret denying the average buyer infomation to make an informed decision on his choice of vehicle.
                        I'd like to thank the guys who posted all the info above because i got far more facts and information from this forum than DVLA or any Official source.I also think it shows how important it is have and belong to forums like this.Well worth the annual subs!!

Comment

My 3rd gen is a 2001 model, imported 2006 ish and I only pay the lower rate.

Comment

Hi All, My Surf is a 3 gen 1st Reg in Japan in May 1998. Imported into UK March 2008 and Reg in UK mid march 2008 ,when i bought it.The first 6 months Tax was included in the payment for the car. I paid £400 tax the first year after. If youve got the time to read all the long saga so far you will see why i then only taxed it for 6 months due to the imminent changes.
                            i am looking at €950 a year road tax, you guys count yourself lucky,

i am importing it as a commercial vehicle so its only €280 now....

Comment

Yep just moved back from Rep.Ireland and my road tax liability has gone down from €1200 to £190. The insurance is about half the cost now too.
                              When we first moved to Ireland I was quite happy as there was no council tax or water rates But what I was saving there was taken up with the extra vehicle costs and rubbish collection and then fuel stopped being cheap and the exchange rate went to sh!t
                              There was no trouble on reimporting the surf to UK though the DVLA even gave me the same registration number back. It doesn't matter how many times I tell the relevant authorities my vehicle is green they keep putting grey on the V5 form.

Comment

Paying same as before on a H reg=91 though it's appantley younger and imported 2.4 2003.

£105 for six months, road tax is like a tv licence fee; utter b0ll0x
                                Just seems to be a way to pull more money out of the working people to pay the organisations that expense everything and keep the unemployed numbers down.. oops getting political

The BBC couldn't spend all the licence fees paid in one month in the UK in a year, unless Johnathon Ross got yet another pay rise,....

Oops political again delete please if I'm posting out of turn.

peace
                                cal
                                Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X