No announcement yet.

My Build of My Surf Pick-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, to answer a few of your questions, havnt got any pics of behind the seats sorry i forgot to take pics of the whole bulk build part, for seat belts i just put in some lap belts very easy to do just un bolt the old ones bolt in new ones took 2mins, not sure if its legal but better than nothing.

And there isnt much difference to a double cab hilux but i used to have a discovery (pile of crap) and i sold it (got 6miles before the gearbox exploded :P) and my dad found me this cheap and only a student not much money, so i used my imagination made a couple of photoshops and thought id go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
      nice,and as popeye has said we are twins.hehehehehehe.
      Surfenstien Jr!

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
        Looks brilliant Jack, nice job, I'm interested in the winch plate you fitted, what type, how it was mounted etc.
        I bought the winch plate from ebay its a universal one got lots of different mounting holes, i got some Corner steel made up nice thick stuff and welded it straight to the front of the chassis, the front part of the chassis that is already there doesnt stick out very far so i used the corner L shaped piece to extend it then laid the plate on top and welded away

Comment

how old are you mate!?

Have i got competition for youngest member....

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux View Post
            Hi just goes to show what you can do if you put your mind to it, do you know if the same can be done to a Surf with a Sunroof in. And what have you done about the rear seat belt ancorharge.

Sunroof shouldnt make any difference i was going to put a sunroof in as i have removed the aircon because it was going to smashed off if i didnt but i didnt want to get my interior really messy for the sake of a sunroof :P

Thanks for all the comments nice to know all the work i put into is appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
              how old are you mate!?

Have i got competition for youngest member....
              18 about 2 weeks ago! got the wheels for my bday

Comment

Originally posted by Jackt360 View Post
                18 about 2 weeks ago! got the wheels for my bday

im 21!!

Daaaaaaamnnnnn

Comment

ohh an good you for mate!!

18 an driving that is awesome!

Comment

ohh an good you for mate!!

18 an driving that is awesome!
                    Cheers wouldnt be able to do it without traders insaurance i used to have a suzuki sj 1.3 because i couldnt insure anything else was so happy when my dad said i could have a discovery, wish id nevery laid eyes on the thing now NEVER BUY A LANDROVER!

Comment

Cheers wouldnt be able to do it without traders insaurance i used to have a suzuki sj 1.3 because i couldnt insure anything else was so happy when my dad said i could have a discovery, wish id nevery laid eyes on the thing now NEVER BUY A LANDROVER!

Too late mate, i had a 300tdi ES disco when i was 19, Heap of cr*p. I got rid of mine before the gearbox went.

Comment

Too late mate, i had a 300tdi ES disco when i was 19, Heap of cr*p. I got rid of mine before the gearbox went.
                        I tried to got so close! owell still got rid of the thing, mine was a 200Tdi was a proper shed looked alright but my god lol il find a pic...

Comment

I tried to got so close! owell still got rid of the thing, mine was a 200Tdi was a proper shed looked alright but my god lol il find a pic...

Niice!!

Mine was stock, It was nice to have something i didnt want to mod. but hey...

With this surf its short lived. Whats your insurance then?

Comment

Niice!!

Mine was stock, It was nice to have something i didnt want to mod. but hey...

With this surf its short lived. Whats your insurance then?

Im on traders insaurance i can have anything 1.6 petrol 1.8 non turbo diesel free, but i can pay extra for something bigger my surf is £500 a year i also have a 1.9 GT TDI Mk4 Golf dunno how but my dad said i could so no questions asked :P

Comment

jammy g!t!!!

Mines £850 with all mods with Adrain flux, 1st surf was £1500 an the disco was just short of £3k. i nearly threw myself an the truck off a bridge when i got that quote

Comment

jammy g!t!!!

Mines £850 with all mods with Adrain flux, 1st surf was £1500 an the disco was just short of £3k. i nearly threw myself an the truck off a bridge when i got that quote
                                ###### hell 3K!!!!!!!! £850 with mods is good though i dont pay extra for mods its just strickly no peformance mods.

Comment

Working...
                                X