Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Build of My Surf Pick-up

See below
    Last edited by Jackt360; 3 August 2008, 18:04.

Okay i done this sometime back i was going to do a thread then but computer was being an ass so here goes.

Started life as a 2nd Gen Surf amazing condition when i bought it got it for £700!! 75k on the clock only problem was a fuel leak fixed that and its great! It stayed standered for about a month as i had no money, then i got plenty! so it began:

First step was to take out the windows:

Then strip the interior:

Then mark out and grab an angle grider!!!

There was one last little peice holding it on which i couldnt get because the cutting disks had warn down and i had nun left but got it with an air saw

Then i went and got some steel made up like an 'n' shape to slot into rear quarter to form the top of the buck

Spot into place

ground roughly smooth

Next up was making the old back fit the new back i cut it as big as i could get it, down the line of the window so there was plently to scribe with and offered it up

Cut it to shape so that it just slot in behind the door so i could weld down it, grind it, and smooooooooth it. (further down)

just thinkin some ideas for a bulk head

Then these turned up!!!

Buckshot Maxis Mudders 33,12.50,15's on 15x8 white 8spokes fitted them with no lift :P there are very impressive tyres offroad better than anything ive had before.

Then the damn filler work began horrid stuff:

Had a break took a pic of my car for the hell of it

bit dusty

Wheels sticking out with the arches removed:

No arial as i have a 2 cb arial one for cb one for sterio amazing signal its great:

Stupid mirror gone

knocked the shine off the whole truck and removed its 'bits' for spraying

more coming up!
    Last edited by Jackt360; 3 August 2008, 18:06.

Comment

Right them More!

Masked up:

Abit of Primer:

No need to do the whole lot you will see why in a sec....

trying the paint

My dad spraying it in our quality spraying booth lol

Starting to go MATT!

Arches

Started to pull the tape off

You can see the new springs sat on the floor

Roll Bar - I got this from a navara, i cut the bottom off it then extended the tube to the buck and welded it to the floor

LIFT! 3" using LC springs and +3" pro comp shocks and longer break lines, just cranked the torsion bars on the front for now, so abit of a dragster:

When it was all back together a few days later trying some articulation its abit dirty as went for a light laning session:

Got a couple more coming up with winch etc
      Last edited by Jackt360; 3 August 2008, 18:37.

Comment

Very impressive! looks like stiens twin in a satin finish sort of way
        top job mate,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

More:

it seems i forgot to take pics of making the winch plate i only have one and its crap lol

anyway this is when i finished the winch and gave it a clean:

Then last weekend we went and had a play at a site only took a couple of pics though im not much of a pic person:

Last Pic Enjoy!

Comment

you done yourself proud with that conversion and its looking bloomin great
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Looks brilliant Jack, nice job, I'm interested in the winch plate you fitted, what type, how it was mounted etc.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Well Done

Hi just goes to show what you can do if you put your mind to it, do you know if the same can be done to a Surf with a Sunroof in. And what have you done about the rear seat belt ancorharge.
                Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux View Post
                  Hi just goes to show what you can do if you put your mind to it, do you know if the same can be done to a Surf with a Sunroof in. And what have you done about the rear seat belt ancorharge.
                  With a SUNROOF shouldnt make any difference BOB as its way forward to get in the way. Have a look at STEVOS when you get a chance.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Awesome write up.

Do you have any pics of behind the rear seats?

Comment

nice,and as popeye has said we are twins.hehehehehehe.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

I think you have done an amazing job there. Loving your conversion your workshop your bikes and your skill but can,t help thinking what is the difference between what you have done and a crew cab hilux pickup. Can somone explain please.
                        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
                          I think you have done an amazing job there. Loving your conversion your workshop your bikes and your skill but can,t help thinking what is the difference between what you have done and a crew cab hilux pickup. Can somone explain please.
                          the cost,pick ups are way to expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
                            Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            the cost,pick ups are way to expensive
                            There isnt really much of a difference at all, its just a higher spec double cab with a shorter 'one piece' bed. in this case with a rear mounted spare..

an pickup prices aint too bad... mk 4 double cab sold the other day for just over £2k.

Comment

We got this one for £1500 but we only used the body.
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X