yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modified vehicles could lose registration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified vehicles could lose registration?

Rod in particular, you should maybe have a good lie down before reading this..
    It's from a thread on the GLASS forum but if they are right will apply to lots of us on here.
    Sorry if its been brought up before but if it has, I haven't noticed.

THIS WAS COPIED FROM ANOTHER SITE..

The EU (non constitution) Treaty will bring about the end of the UK SVA test and associated triggering points system at the end of March 2009. It will be replaced with an evil Individual Vehicle Assessment (IVA) test triggered at MoT time. Practically every vehicle that is not completely 100% factory original is at risk of losing its DVLA registration and ability to drive on public roads in Britain, the rest of Europe and further.

An organisation called the Association of Car Enthusiasts is representing the views of modified vehicle owners in government consultations. I urge, each of you that have modified your vehicle to sign up for their free newsletter and for RnR to become a recognised supporter.

No other EU member state has the motoring heritage that the UK has. Modifying vehicles is almost a unique part of British and American culture that is completely lost on other Europeans. They just haven't got a clue why we don't all want to drive identical silver or black Audi A6 saloons. If we don't start complaining to our MP's now this will get pushed into law next April. I hope you kept all your old stock parts to put your Jeep back to factory spec.

My Jeep is already illegal as a permanent resident in most other European states. Yours may well be now, or will be by 31 March 2009 if it is not factory original.

Obviously applies to all makes
    http://www.the-ace.org.uk/

That's shocking, but I've been hearing roumers of this for a while.

The Germans have similar issues with the Tuv. For their modifications they have to get documents stating that the new part has been tested and is suitible for the car, and also a document from the (qualified) fitter to say the job has been done well.

No certificate for those lowering springs? No MOT.

On one side I agree, the more cars with nailed on spoilers, dangerously incorrect offset wheels and cut springs we can get off the road the better.

The other side of me is annoyed as I get most of my mods from the US or Japan and I don't get any certificates, but I know the parts are fine for use and I enjoy fitting these parts myself.

I just think the MOT should be tougher on the rusty sheds.

Comment

mm that is no good..

Altho we have had strickter laws on mods in Holland...
      But not half as strickt as in Germany..

The last thing we want tho is these laws to pass over here...
      I agree mods shud be looked at MOT time but if they are fine then no action shud be taken..

I mean pleaseee don't stop the modding...
      (for us that is Chavss shud be stopped.... )

I am joining that site now....
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

to be honest, while it does sound awful its probably not something that would come to pass.

Wheres all the resources going to come from to check over thousands of vehicles?!?

Plus if it does... they can ki$$ my a$$

Comment

To be honest, it sounds like they're hyping it up a tad. If you look at the basic suggestion there, that seems very similar to the was the Aussies do things, I believe. I think they have some type of test on any modifications or alterations.

Plus, it's arse Rodney, not ass. (Or is it Roderick)?

Comment

Won’t bother me.... mine is 100% standard.
            Toyota produced a fine truck and I don’t see the need to modify it.

I have considerably modified vehicles in the past (MG's, Land Rovers etc.) but my last few Toyotas have been top spec with all the goodies I wanted.
            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              To be honest, it sounds like they're hyping it up a tad. If you look at the basic suggestion there, that seems very similar to the was the Aussies do things, I believe. I think they have some type of test on any modifications or alterations.

Eh??
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                Eh??
                Way. I had a moment there, obviously.

Comment

With an imported vehicle, how would they know whether it's been modified or not?

(With the exception of a few trucks of course who's modifications really can not be missed).
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post

Its Roderick... not bleedin rodney!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                      Its Roderick... not bleedin rodney!!

does it make any difference they both plonkers anyway

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                        Won’t bother me.... mine is 100% standard.
                        Toyota produced a fine truck and I don’t see the need to modify it.

I have considerably modified vehicles in the past (MG's, Land Rovers etc.) but my last few Toyotas have been top spec with all the goodies I wanted.
                        You have the same make and model tyres as it left the factory with? If not, and the rules are as implemented in Germany, you wouldn't be road legal. (Well, that applies to bikes in Germany, not 100% sure of the rules for cars)
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                          I was wondering how he could get touchy over that too. I thought my initial choice was the preferable of the two. I'm not taking the mick though, Wodewick.
                          Last edited by MattF; 24 July 2008, 17:31.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post

Oi!! I just replied to your euro thread!

G1t

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Oi!! I just replied to your euro thread!

G1t
                              yeah i know but i did this before you answered

Comment

Working...
                              X