Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break it or Weigh in?

I have come to the decision that I have to do something with LTP

As many of you know, she has been with me since the early days of the forum and has had a hard life. But did me proud (well it always made it home, be that on a rope or recovery truck! ).

She spent hols at Tonka1's for a while after a rather nasty spell on the plains, and has sat on my drive with a bugga'd little end for over a year now.

I am attached to the piece of cr@p but the weeds are now growing thru the engine bay and the missus has got the hump.

She's not worth a new engine, nor a rebuild but scrap is going for £150 a ton down here and by the time I've removed the salvageable bits for ebay/new truck I'll make a few quid.

I'd break it but is it actually worth it? I cant have it sat around for months looking like a scrap yard reject whilst bits disappear from it. If some one were to make an offer on the whole thing, would this be better?

Ideas?

She will be sorely missed...........

But then I got my eye on a shiney 3litre that needs a 6" lift and 35's!!
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Dan,

You should get more than £150 for her, check with the breakers on here - Stormy, Lord Lucan, supersurf etc.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
      I have come to the decision that I have to do something with LTP
      That's basically the situation I was in with my 2.4. I decided that I (and my neighbours) can put up with having a car sat there slowly losing parts for a couple of months while I sell stuff off. It has already been sitting there for 2 years, so another few months won't make a difference. When it gets to the point of looking very bad I'll just chuck a tarpaulin over it for a little while I sort the last few bits out, and get it weighed in.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
        Dan,

You should get more than £150 for her, check with the breakers on here - Stormy, Lord Lucan, supersurf etc.

Trev
        Per ton. Thats £277.50, just for the vehicle, I'm not taking any heavy bits of, just the usual sellable bits, so around £250 mark, sell the good bits appr £500, put the lifts etc on new truck and sell the sliders/wheels/towbar/ etc of new truck approx £500, makes a £1500 truck cost £250

Ready for the plains again!
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
          That's basically the situation I was in with my 2.4. I decided that I (and my neighbours) can put up with having a car sat there slowly losing parts for a couple of months while I sell stuff off. It has already been sitting there for 2 years, so another few months won't make a difference. When it gets to the point of looking very bad I'll just chuck a tarpaulin over it for a little while I sort the last few bits out, and get it weighed in.
          She'll never go for it, trust me, you don't wanna mess with her! Lol!
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
            Per ton. Thats £277.50, just for the vehicle, I'm not taking any heavy bits of, just the usual sellable bits, so around £250 mark, sell the good bits appr £500, put the lifts etc on new truck and sell the sliders/wheels/towbar/ etc of new truck approx £500, makes a £1500 truck cost £250
            That doesn't sound too bad mate

Comment

wheen i break trucks if i pay 500 for one to break then i can normally make 500 to 700 on it so if theres decent panels ,head etcthen you should get more than scrap value back on it.Is the head any good on it Danno if so theres 150 just for that.The fuel pump if mechanical is worth 200 to 250 if electronic then 100 to 150.I sell a 3l pump for 150 to 175 so theres a few prices for you.The turbo is worth between 60 and 100
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

That another well know truck going to the breaking yard ......HOW SAD
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
                  That another well know truck going to the breaking yard ......HOW SAD
                  Yeah, the list of well known beasts is growing fast

Hippo,
                  Joker's
                  Yours
                  Danno's

Comment

Food for thought. It may work out to be a free new truck plus a couple of quid towards other goodies!

Prob is I'm not having a scrapper (or what looks like a scrapper) sat on the drive, so I'll stock the shed with fuel pumps/turbo etc and leave it with the panels on untill last thing.

Unless some one makes me an offer
                    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                      Yeah, the list of well known beasts is growing fast

Hippo,
                      Joker's
                      Yours
                      Danno's
                      you missed biohazzard

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                        you missed biohazzard
                        And whose thread was I responding to ?

Whose vehicle would be referred to as 'yours'

I can see a certain pirate starting another poll !!

Comment

The pirate has spoken, the next vote is up and running !!!

Comment

Ah but the truck that is being broken is Woodzie's
                            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

oh ######## lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X