No announcement yet.

Another quiet weekend, NOT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very good sir....except that is the good doctor and mavericks truck and i do believe i said fordy.......

TREV...TREV.....
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      very good sir....except that is the good doctor and mavericks truck and i do believe i said fordy.......

TREV...TREV.....
      haha true but then again it is a roof bar write up....
      so I was not as stupid really....
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
        Hey Roy...

Looks good mate...superb job I am gonna hav to do that soon too......

The spots look good too..
        Ur truck shines a lot more then when I saw it last.
        Thats because its been cleaned for the first time since i've had it
        Roy
        When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by georgeirl View Post
          do you mind me asking - how did you mount the roof bars

did you have to take the headliner out

George
          Hi George

Yes unfortunately the head lining has to come out but its not a problem, you will basically need to remove all the top trim panels and courtesy lights, then the head lining comes out with 4 clips, the hardest part is the sun roof, its heavy and without air tools I would have struggled a lot more on my own but if you have assistance then you’ll be fine, then mark out where you want your bars, cover the roof in masking tape where the bars go and drill your holes, seal all around and fit big washers on the inside.

I would say it took me around 3 hours to strip out the trim, drill the holes and fit the bars, then nearly 5 hours to clean all panels and refit them. But I did spend a lot of time doing little jobs like cleaning all the lights and all the rubber trim around the doors, removing the privacy film off the windows etc, whilst it was all in bits.
          Roy

Comment

Attension to detail Roy that what makes a shiney club member stand out from the rest, seperates the wheat from the chaff!! took a full frontal after giveing it a wash today, been grinding metal and welding in there for two weeks so it was caked in shoit
            Attached Files
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Attension to detail Roy that what makes a shiney club member stand out from the rest, seperates the wheat from the chaff!! took a full frontal after giveing it a wash today, been grinding metal and welding in there for two weeks so it was caked in shoit
              Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, shiney
              Roy

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
                Hi George

Yes unfortunately the head lining has to come out but its not a problem, you will basically need to remove all the top trim panels and courtesy lights, then the head lining comes out with 4 clips, the hardest part is the sun roof, its heavy and without air tools I would have struggled a lot more on my own but if you have assistance then you’ll be fine,
                well i don't have a sun roof so that makes it easier - i was looking at doing this using rivnuts from the top but if its not that hard to take the headliner out i might try it

Thanks

Comment

well i don't have a sun roof so that makes it easier - i was looking at doing this using rivnuts from the top but if its not that hard to take the headliner out i might try it

Thanks
                  welcome dude
                  and nice name too

some reason i have had my surf for 5 years now
                  i tryed mt key in the boot for the first time ever just last week
                  my key dont even fit my boot lol
                  so i have no idea if there shoud be 2 keys or just 1?
                  5 years too late any how
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Thanks
                    The problem with using a rivnut is there is little strength in the roof itself as its only thin steel so you will need to spread the load around the area, otherwise you may find that when you strap something to the roof, potentially the rivnuts could pull through

Also most of the roof bars on the older cars fix from the inside.
                    Roy

Comment

thanks roy

i suppost if popping out the headliner isn't a big job it would be the best way of doing it

Comment

I had no problems with the headlining and could have done it in and evening no problem. so i would say if you want a job doing, do it properly.
                        Roy

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
                          The problem with using a rivnut is there is little strength in the roof itself as its only thin steel so you will need to spread the load around the area, otherwise you may find that when you strap something to the roof, potentially the rivnuts could pull through

Also most of the roof bars on the older cars fix from the inside.
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/images/attach/jpe.gif
                          Thats how its done. i carry a massive roof rack and about ten sets o ladders. dont even look that bad. so enough arguin. do it like this. phone the boys at K and H engineering. they will tell u wot they used

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/images/attach/jpe.gif
                            Thats how its done. i carry a massive roof rack and about ten sets o ladders. dont even look that bad. so enough arguin. do it like this. phone the boys at K and H engineering. they will tell u wot they used
                            ha ha dont work. 2 min

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...1&d=1210876502
                              Photo-0077.jpg
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X