• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
    erm iam not that kind of dude
    Nor me
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

ARBs are for comfort not saftey critical.

An MOT is a road worthy test, it will pass with no ARBs
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        That's what I kept saying, but no-one used to listen.

Perfectly well. Only way the A.R.B's can affect the MOT is if they are still fitted and not working correctly, i.e: knacked balljoint/arm.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
          Still not listening, just gave up arguing about it

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            Still not listening, just gave up arguing about it

Comment

now this will confuse a few but when my truck was mot'd a few weeks back i was told that the arb's should be fitted for the mot as they are meant to be there.As my truck is lifted they said i can get away with it.
              The main thing he looked for were where the mounting brackets were and if theres holes for the arb to be bolted to then it can now by law fail the mot by them not being fitted.
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

That's just great Rich, now we get the "MOT testers just make it up" argument at the same time as the "Roll in ARB might give you as clue" argument. I suppose it keeps it all in one place.

Comment

Mine was MOT last week no problem with no ARBs, by the same garage that failed my wifes car, for having a bolt missing from one of the front ARB brackets.
                  I broke it when replacing the gear box.

Looks like there is some confusion out there.
                  I still prefer and I am happy to live with it on road, with no ARBs to gain the off road benifits.
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    now this will confuse a few but when my truck was mot'd a few weeks back i was told that the arb's should be fitted for the mot as they are meant to be there.As my truck is lifted they said i can get away with it.
                    The main thing he looked for were where the mounting brackets were and if theres holes for the arb to be bolted to then it can now by law fail the mot by them not being fitted.
                    You found one of the anal testers. I heard the same from a certain MOT tester a while ago. I've yet to see one fail for it, however. Plus, if he used the lift as an excuse, he's obviously talking balls, because by virtue that would make the A.R.B's even more important to have. They reduce body sway, which is far more prominent on a raised vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post

Perfectly well. Only way the A.R.B's can affect the MOT is if they are still fitted and not working correctly, i.e: knacked balljoint/arm.
                      Holy cow! No-one's arguing with the facts this time!
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        oh didnt you know,i had a fatal crash last night and this message is coming to you from beyond the grave.i turned left at 7 mph and toppled over
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

That don't mean I shouldn't drum it in again.

Comment

so what comfort can i expect with arb fitted then.
                            JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Sorry, and I try not to bang on about these things, but it's not actually a fact. Removing the ARB will increase body roll and that will increase the propensity to fall over, albeit not by much. That will be exacerbated by home-made lift kits and messed up suspension geometry.

What is a fact is that you are sufficiently comfortable with the minor risk that this presents and so are many others. It is, I think, a little irresponsible to state on a public forum that removing ARBs has no effect on stability even if you think that the naysayers are just being big girls.

I shall get back in my corner now

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                                What is a fact is that you are sufficiently comfortable with the minor risk that this presents and so are many others. It is, I think, a little irresponsible to state on a public forum that removing ARBs has no effect on stability even if you think that the naysayers are just being big girls.
                                Oh, you just had to, didn't you. One never said that it has no effect. It was merely pointed out that it isn't the 'Oh my god' scenario that some would have you believe. Also, in truth, where control is concerned, the A.R.B's can actually be more detrimental on control than lack of said bars in a cornering/swerving situation at speed. A more level ride doesn't necessarily mean a more controllable one.

Comment

Working...
                                X