Nasty accident in cornwall yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
    tech weekend , lower my truck to 2mm above road , refit arb with steel to replace rubber washers ,drive ten mph around roundabouts ,fit rsj's to rear and front of vehicle[so idont have to swerve around idiots]get low profiles to replace muds , dont put spare on roof [ rod lol ]could anyone else give me some usefull tips to stay on the road

ahhhhh fekit i will just change my rad , that will keep me on the road

How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Some of those pickups on Elite 4x4 are awesome! There's one there running 47s. Looks amazing. Not sure I'd fancy trying to get it down the last bit of the Wayfarer though
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
        tech weekend , lower my truck to 2mm above road , refit arb with steel to replace rubber washers ,drive ten mph around roundabouts ,fit rsj's to rear and front of vehicle[so idont have to swerve around idiots]get low profiles to replace muds , dont put spare on roof [ rod lol ]could anyone else give me some usefull tips to stay on the road

ahhhhh fekit i will just change my rad , that will keep me on the road
        with all that will i get skull lifted then 3/4in suspension 2/3in body lift im cacking myself now.
        oh well i'll just remember its not the gun that kills its the person pulling the trigger

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Some of those pickups on Elite 4x4 are awesome! There's one there running 47s. Looks amazing. Not sure I'd fancy trying to get it down the last bit of the Wayfarer though

For rolling rubber that big you need grunt.

or patience.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            For rolling rubber that big you need grunt.

or patience.
            A lot of them are running V8s, though with a few hundred kilos of rubber at each corner, they'll be about as quick as an asthmatic Micra. They do look great though...

Comment

Seeing as we're still going, just thought I'd chuck in that the ARB mounts only have to hold it on. No (massive) force goes through them in operation as the ARB swivels in them

Comment

hehe, good thread.

Hope the prople are OK, looks like a early 2.4 or a 3.0 by the metal bash plate, but as has rubbish skiny tyres on it.

Post 97 pickups have IFS as well, but that has radius arms for coiled rear, all pickups are all leaf spring.

So I'd go with a Surf, that has crap narrow tyres on it.

As for the bitchin'. A truck that is good to drive on the street is rubbish offroad, and the same the other way. You can't have both, the very things that make a good offroader, ie flexy suspension, Gnarly tyres, lots of ground clearance are the very things that ruin on road handling.

I want my truck to work offroad, so have to make allowances for negative on road handling, and live with it.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Bah what do you know you hippy!

Or have you had your hair cut now?

And who cares!?

Mate, can you do some work, as a mate obviously not a business thing cos you cant, right, later this year to prepare me for the pyrenees?

Rear wheel bearings, timing belt / tensioner etc. Think thats it.... As long as you agree with everything I say, and dont shout at me... etc...

Comment

Cover the sidewalls of 33s 35s with hairspray and they will be stiffer/better than the 45 profiles I ran on my s14a.

So there you go I have no arbs, 33" tyres covered in hairspray, and have I rolled over? No.

I reckon if you have a 12" lift and 44" tyres you might need two cans.
                    Any 3rd gen owner should be able to help you out with supplies.

A guy in the pub told me Sunsilk is best and this is fact!
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      Cover the sidewalls of 33s 35s with hairspray and they will be stiffer/better than the 45 profiles I ran on my s14a.

So there you go I have no arbs, 33" tyres covered in hairspray, and have I rolled over? No.

I reckon if you have a 12" lift and 44" tyres you might need two cans.
                      Any 3rd gen owner should be able to help you out with supplies.

A guy in the pub told me Sunsilk is best and this is fact!
                      No no no no no... Sunsilk leaves them soft and would only work on a third gen after conditioning.....Tresseme is the one for firm control....and we all know that 2nd gen owners like a bit of that!
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

If you really want to stiffen them you need the stuff punks use to get the really tall mohawks
                        My other cars a QUAD
                        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Wow - 9 pages and only three posts about the poor people that crashed, that I think, was the subject of the thread in the first place.......

Take it off topic chaps if you want a wanger waggling constest about who knows more about what.......

Mind you - I have no ARB, 33" ATs, 1.5" body lift and a sus lift comprising +3" shocks and LC springs - I drive sensibly (I think) and try to take it easy on bends etc, and sometimes feel like I'm going to tip over off road - but haven't yet and don't intend to.....
                          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I'd thought I'd just give you an update on the crash thread seeing as its still going.
                            The passenger in that car was a step-daughter of one of my work colleagues and returned to work today after a "quick" trip to Cornwall. There were 2 women and 6 six kids in that car, which wasn't a Surf by the way, and the 10 year old boy was still in coma as of last night.
                            The car rolled about 5-7 times after she lost it in the hail storm and hit the verge.
                            Most of the kids were very lucky, 2 were thrown clear!

Comment

Originally posted by sticks View Post
                              I'd thought I'd just give you an update on the crash thread seeing as its still going.
                              The passenger in that car was a step-daughter of one of my work colleagues and returned to work today after a "quick" trip to Cornwall. There were 2 women and 6 six kids in that car, which wasn't a Surf by the way, and the 10 year old boy was still in coma as of last night.
                              The car rolled about 5-7 times after she lost it in the hail storm and hit the verge.
                              Damn right they're lucky if they rolled that much. I hope the boy's OK. What were that many people doing in it? Was it a pick up then?

Comment

Originally posted by sticks View Post
                                I hope she gets the 'book' thrown at her for having that many passengers!

Comment

Working...
                                X