How to deal with social decay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with social decay

Something happened today which gave me an idea. Rather than moaning and groaning about chavs and sociopaths ruining our lives, we need to be inclusive. So, my plan is this. We provide good quality housing, and the comforts that the rest of us take for granted such as big plasma tellys etc. Then, when we know they are all at home in these specially constructed landscaped housing schemes...

BOOOOM!!!

We get rid of some of the left over whizz-bang stuff from Iraq and Afghanistan! Problem solved! Brown field sites ripe for development, and scum removed!

My reasoning? My 13 year old lad got his fairly expensive skateboard nicked off him by a couple of bigger (my height, Callum said) baseball hatted scumbags in a local park today. I went down there in the truck looking for them ready to tear them some new a55holes, but of course they'd had it away on their toes by then, and we couldn't find them in the locality after a half hour drive around either - which I should have expected I suppose.

I'm not so bothered about the skateboard - we'll buy him one tomorrow - but its the effect on his confidence, AND why should these f***ers get away with it? If I'd caught up with them, I hope I would have just taken the skateboard back and have done with it. However, if they'd got lippy, I dunno if I would have whacked them or not, and if I had, it would be ME in the sh1t.

Why is that? Why does this country seem to look after its scumbags rather than its decent folk? Makes me f*ckin spit!!!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I would leave tomorrow, but Heathrow is f****d as well!

Comment

You know what mate, I always said I'd never leave England. Its my home and I love my country...

BUT, the more I see of the gross mismanagement, unfairness and corruption amongst the people who run this green and pleasant land, the more I feel like decent people are being pushed aside so scum and outsiders who come here for financial benefits can feather their nests, and the more life elsewhere looks brighter. However, Callum doesn't live with me, and until he's old enough to get on a plane to come and see me, I really cant leave.

What the f*ck is going wrong with this place?!

Comment

i know how you feel dude
        its like it here every day
        give them a slap be mean its the only thing them free range kids under stand
        free range that the problen this day and age
        its kidds haveing kids

gets mee mad to see it happening be iam like you
        its my home why should i leave it to them

give them a kicking it works better most of the time
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
          i know how you feel dude
          its like it here every day
          give them a slap be mean its the only thing them free range kids under stand
          free range that the problen this day and age
          its kidds haveing kids

gets mee mad to see it happening be iam like you
          its my home why should i leave it to them

give them a kicking it works better most of the time
          know what george,i would never condone violence and i have to say that it is very rarely the answer,all it does is start a vicious cycle.....

but !!!! sometimes its the only option.

i have had to take this option once before.it was extremely ...extreme,but had the desired effect,only thing being i spent a long time with the threat of prosecution hanging over me
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Boot camp!!! teach these little feckers some respect and discipline - they have it so easy today, giving lip to everyone and getting away with a slapped wrist from the law, the pen pushers who allow this to happen simply don't seem to be able to see what effect this has in the long term - no respect for anyone, anything anywhere - I'm fed up of it - and I'd rather get in a bit of trouble if I meant I was stopping one of these gobby little shites getting away with stuff...
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

D'ya know they have nothing to do round there and so they drink an cause trouble coz no one can stop them. Psses me off ya can't slap the lil gits. They have no respect as they know there is nothin you can do - if you do they have you up in court. No discipline. I come from a few miles from there an they have always been the same but years ago we had respect for elders an if we got told off we ran a mile - now the lil shts wanna kill ya.

Bring back the cane.................
              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

I will make my usual point here that there is, in fact, no social decay. Look at the crime figures, look at unemployment figures. Nothing bad is happening it's just that we're the adults now and someone else is the kids we used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                  I will make my usual point here that there is, in fact, no social decay. Look at the crime figures, look at unemployment figures. Nothing bad is happening it's just that we're the adults now and someone else is the kids we used to be.

Did you walk round with no respect for anything waving knives an shooting people????

Comment

where my family live in rural america,the particular town has very little crime,and the crime there is is very minor(bike thefts etc) this is because if you do commit a crime the police will come to your house/work/hangout and shoot you,seems fair to me
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                      Did you walk round with no respect for anything waving knives an shooting people????

Comment

i agree with you guys, i had confidence knocked out of me as a kid n still do as a adult. theres always a right n wrong time meaning when the time is right your in the wrong because you want to protect your family you get done for it n when some ###### idiot in the wrong they in the right.
                        confidence goes with you into adult life n god dont i know it, thankfully i got a new buddy in stormy n he helps me with it by not caring if i get it wrong like yesterday i tried to do something n felt i got it wrong n he just laughed n said it dont matter carry on.
                        but coming back to it apache you could have hit out n prob got shot or stabbed n the litte fockers would have got away with it.
                        bring back the old bobbys n the cane i said one you thought twice after you had the cane in school all teachers seem to care about is holidays n getting parents to teach their kids n two the old bobbys cared n where helpful more than what they are today.
                        i hate it when some kid or adult got something thats a good make or expensive n some ###### idiot wants to take it off them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                          No, although I wasn't exactly drowning in respect. Many would say I am still a little lacking that area.

But others were definitely behaving in the manner you describe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                            No, although I wasn't exactly drowning in respect. Many would say I am still a little lacking that area.

But others were definitely behaving in the manner you describe.
                            Amazing the difference 5 years makes.

Comment

I'm sorry Sanch me old mate, but this time you are wrong.

Yeah, OK, I'm somewhat older than you, so maybe the decay had set in already when you were a teen, but when I was early teens, teachers still caned, coppers still belted you and took you home to your folks, and if they did, god help you cos your parents would give you a good hiding too!

Sure, we got into mischief, but there were no guns, no knives and we had respect for teaches, adults and the law, and our parents sided with the adults rather than shooting them or taking them to court!

Comment

Working...
                              X