No announcement yet.

Auxiliary Cab Heater...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have said, the easiest way to fix the heater issues would be to source the parts that give you the 'rear heater' option and use those 2 pipes for your fuel heater. (I was thinking of converting my rear heaters pipes to a shower heater for when we're camping)

An easy way to keep the truck slightly warmer overnight is to throw a fairly thick car cover over it, or even 2. It's then using air as insulation.

Personally if I felt getting into a car cold was such a problem I'd buy one of the pre heat systems (try demon tweaks) that you plug into the mains and they heat the water in your cooling system so when you start up your heaters work almost instanltly.

I'm pretty sure they have a kit that has some sort of plug inside the wheel arch or wherever so you could run an extension lead out as soon as your up and by the time you'd had a coffee / breakfast it should be on it's way to being warm.

Also ripping all the internal panels out and installing insulation could help too.

Rob

Comment

http://www.accclimatecontrol.com/no_idle/HD2.0.htm ?
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

I'd probably stick a split charge with leisure battery to run anything electrical to heat a cab overnight.
        Rob.

Comment

If you know anyone driving round in an ex services vehicle it's not unusual to find extra heater's in them. Ex BT van's, and water or electricity board land rovers are possibly the most common to find additional space heaters fitted in. If they've left the racking in from when they were in use they may not even know they are there if hey're boxed in at the bottom somewhere. I know of at one guy who had an ex BT van for 3 and a half years and never knew he had the space heater until someone doing some other work on the vehicle offered him £100 for it.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Build a garage
            Brian

Comment

I was wondering when someone would surgest that.
              it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

if i had land i wouldnt be askin auxiliary heater questions
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                X