skull has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skull has died

skull has died!!!!!!!! no power n it just drives like a snail with white smoke. oil ok n water is ok so no idea whats going on. all i need n before xmas apart from other things going on. hope i can get skull back to life soon

The 2.4s are dropping like flys again!

Hope you get it sorted an its not an expensive one mate!!

I went an looked at a Surf with Matt - Ma4x4tt just down the road an that had similar problems!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      The 2.4s are dropping like flys again!

Hope you get it sorted an its not an expensive one mate!!

I went an looked at a Surf with Matt - Ma4x4tt just down the road an that had similar problems!
      i aint a clue hopefully rich on his way to give it a quick lookover then on to tonyn again to see what can be done

Comment

I wish i knew abit more about how an engine works!

When my dad an my uncle were kids they used to just pull engines apart an mess around with cars all evenings an weekends! ohh to have some bl**dy land to do something on!

Ive got a drive way which is at a slight angle an thats about it

Comment

Sounds like Turbo bearings to me..
          Could be wrong though. Has happened twice today already

Comment

Originally posted by J_K
            Sounds like Turbo bearings to me..
            Could be wrong though. Has happened twice today already
            That would be my first guess aswell
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

$hit never rains but it pours.

Best of luck with it.
              www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                I wish i knew abit more about how an engine works!

When my dad an my uncle were kids they used to just pull engines apart an mess around with cars all evenings an weekends! ohh to have some bl**dy land to do something on!

Ive got a drive way which is at a slight angle an thats about it
                wish i knew aswell m8 ,as i cant even explain what i mean sometimes its a bitch. never been good at anything really but trying to learn when i help stormy with his truck

Comment

How slow is it? Is the turbo light coming on?

Comment

gubbed turbo would generally produce black smoke,lots of white smoke could be pump timing
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                      gubbed turbo would generally produce black smoke,lots of white smoke could be pump timing
                      True.
                      But if the turbo bearing has failed and is letting oil into the exhaust side then the smoke will be white because it hasn't been burnt.

And lack of power would also point to non-functioning turbo..

Comment

I was thinking maybe just a loose vacuum thing (technical ) on the turbo stopping it from kicking in and the white smoke being a combination of it being cold and Will being paranoid

Comment

Originally posted by J_K
                          True.
                          But if the turbo bearing has failed and is letting oil into the exhaust side then the smoke will be white because it hasn't been burnt.

And lack of power would also point to non-functioning turbo..
                          Also true, failed bearing normally makes lots of white/blue smoke, but you don't often loose that much power, unless the impeller has jammed up completly, which would be a first in my experiance of Surfs, but not impossible.

Needs checking.

My first guess was fuel issues.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                            I was thinking maybe just a loose vacuum thing (technical ) on the turbo stopping it from kicking in and the white smoke being a combination of it being cold and Will being paranoid

oi dont you start mr sancho stormy just had a look n he says it sounds like fuel starvation has when he blew back through the pipe there is no sound of bubbles in the tank so it could be a blockage

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                              oi dont you start mr sancho stormy just had a look n he says it sounds like fuel starvation has when he blew back through the pipe there is no sound of bubbles in the tank so it could be a blockage

Pour some curry into your fuel tank an see if that helps clear it!

No one suffers from blockages with curry!

Comment

Working...
                              X