skull has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach
    Pour some curry into your fuel tank an see if that helps clear it!

No one suffers from blockages with curry!
    woodzie where are you m8

Comment

Sorry don't have a long enough pipe
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        Sorry don't have a long enough pipe
        yeah so we've heard m8 bless ya

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Also true, failed bearing normally makes lots of white/blue smoke, but you don't often loose that much power, unless the impeller has jammed up completly, which would be a first in my experience of Surfs, but not impossible.

Needs checking.

My first guess was fuel issues.

True again lol.

I've only just got my surf. My turbo experience is from Scoobies and cavalier turbos where white smoke was becoming all to familiar. And that was normally always a bearing seal going. It would also result in lost power. And big white billowey clouds
          Not the end of the world but a bit of an arse ache!

My agricultural engineering experience also makes me think of the turbo but as I said in my first post..... I could be wrong

Comment

its that slow even a snail could beat me . i went out this morning n went 200 yards n it started dying then it seemed to clear itself for a while n i got some speed back. then when we left town it didnt it again, parked up then tried to go to docs n it just didnt have any power.

Comment

you need to explain in more detail as to whats happening, loss of power could mean alot of things, same as the white smoke is it when you accelerate or is it on idle, more detail needed

Comment

I know what Veg mix you were using... and it's winter now!
                Check the cheap stuff first, but I'm putting my money on the fuel pump.

Comment

I had a similar thing happen when i ran my old surf on Petrol

No power etc till it just died!

All it needed was the petrol draining some diesel put it an a few turn overs an boom back to life! Cost me less then £50 including the petrol to learn that

Comment

Originally posted by cataclysm
                    im wondering if it the oil from that place m8?

Comment

I'm gonna ask the bleedin obscure

When was the fuel & air filters changed ?

What fuel or ratio are you running ?
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by cataclysm
                        If he is running a high mix and the quality of the bio leaves something to be desired then a filter may help (along with more dino)
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

The fuel tank breather is probably blocked causing a vacuum in the fuel tank.

Remove the filler cap and listen for a hisssss, this will confirm the breather is blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                            im wondering if it the oil from that place m8?
                            I $$$$$$ hope not... I'm still running it.

Comment

power loss

Hi last tuesday l started my 3litre OFF-ROAD Surf evrything fine pulled away got about 50yards away from my house and NO POWER, car started to run uneven blue smoke out of the back tried to rev it up but engine check light came on, crawled over to the kerb put it in nuetrel engine started to pick-up and light went out.
                              So l tried pulling away again l did not give it to much pedal l got about 500yards and it started again NO POWER, l have been running on bio for the last 3months or so no problems. l hadjust under a quarter of a tank left so l limped down to the petrol station and put £35-00 of proper diesel in pulled out from the petrol station and pulled over to the side the engine was still running rough but slowly started picking up and running smooth again and l have had no problems since. Think l will lay off the bio for awhile or untill it gets warmer. My mates 2.4 broke down on thursday he was still using bio spent several hours trying to get it started even bipast the fuel tank and used a can with diesel in still not start we have now found out NO fuel comming out of injecter pump will keep you posted.

Regards Hilux Bob
                              Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                                The fuel tank breather is probably blocked causing a vacuum in the fuel tank.

Remove the filler cap and listen for a hisssss, this will confirm the breather is blocked.
                                when i took off the fuel cap ive heard a big hiss but thought that normal when you undo fuel cap?

n ive got to change the fuel filter etc stormy told me tonight im still learning

Comment

Working...
                                X