• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    That would be South Wales then. See you there
    aw c,mon andy thats not half way between brum and eastbourne
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
      and clean with a bodylift? is that some kind of new cleaning substance?

So anyway, have you sorted it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        So anyway, have you sorted it yet?
        no m8 wait for stormy to come back from where he gone, n hopefully get it sorted then as when stormy was here last night tried to start it n it wouldnt fire up. he blew down fuel pipe n i didnt hear no bubbles in fuel tank

Comment

no m8 wait for stormy to come back from where he gone, n hopefully get it sorted then as when stormy was here last night tried to start it n it wouldnt fire up. he blew down fuel pipe n i didnt hear no bubbles in fuel tank

Was the filler cap off when he blew down pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Was the filler cap off when he blew down pipe?
            yes m8

Comment

FYI, Linda's truck had very little diesel in it this morning, the low fuel light was on. So I put 20lts of Veg that been sitting in a can outside in (took ages to run out of the can it was so thick), fired it up and got missing and white/blue smoke untill everything had warmed up a little, even then it was knocky not idling 100%.

Hopefully, you just had to much veg in, and a it's either blocked the pickup in the tank, or got in the pipes to the filter.

You need to get a airline and blow down the fuel pipe till you can hear it bubbling in the tank, nothing will work if its still blocked. Then try the new filter, and hope it'll clear through the pump OK.

Try loosening one of the injector pipes and make sure fuel is getting to the injectors as someone turns the key, you should be able to reach No1 or 2 without taking to much off.

We have some $$$$ in the tank of Linda's truck that every couple of months blocks the intake pipe in the filter, the truck looses power slowely, and then won't rev till it eventually dies. But cos I'm a lazy bugger (apparently!) I have had the time to take the tank off to clean it out, but blowing down the fuel line from the tank sorts it out temporarily. You may have the same issues.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

it could be pipes to the filter then m8 as when you blow down pipe no sound of bubbles in fuel tank, never had a prob till i used this new veg oil from plymouth dont think i will use it again m8, as it was ok when i used ktc it been running now prob on that,
                im sure place i went to said you couldnt use svo as it was against the law?.
                but not saying it was because of their oil as it might have happened at anytime. how easy is it to take tank off n clean it out plz? but i will wait for stormy then we can do skull together. n will airline blow out the fuel pipe ok with no damage as i dont know but i take your word on it as you know bout engines etc just me i worry over nothing sometimes.

Comment

im sure place i went to said you couldnt use svo as it was against the law?.
                  Rubbish, you can put what you like in the car, as long as you pay the duty, but now you're OK after they raised the amount you can use till you have to pay.

how easy is it to take tank off n clean it out plz?

Why do you think I havn't done ours yet..... (its not so bad, just a few hoses and bolts, and obviously wait till the tank is virtually empty!!)

but i will wait for stormy then we can do skull together. n will airline blow out the fuel pipe ok with no damage as i dont know but i take your word on it as you know bout engines etc just me i worry over nothing sometimes.
                  Go easy on the pressure at first, if its propperly blocked you'll just blow a fuel line rubber pipe off, they are only held on with spring clips. but its easy to push back on.

Time will tell what is actually wrong, but it feels like fuel issues to me, but its hard without actually being there. Always start with easy/cheap stuff first, then work you way along the logical sequence of what could be wrong.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

ooopppssssss not a easy job then.

n thought in thread you said youd done it lol

Comment

I think Storm is coming up here somewhen today.

So i'll tell him to bugger off home quick to sort you out mate

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                        I think Storm is coming up here somewhen today.

So i'll tell him to bugger off home quick to sort you out mate

somewhen? or sometime or somewhere yeah he going to tonys i think m8

Comment

Working...
                        X